Qobuz in Australia

Trying out the Hi-Res playlist from yesterday again and wow … what a difference.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same issue. Not sure what the issue is.

I maybe wrong but I think Roon does its update every certain hours. Just give it time to update.

Not just by country but by streaming service as well. For example, Dave Matthews Band is now available on Spotify Australia but only on Spotify.

Yes no different to content that is exclusive to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV etc.

There are Tidal exclusives, Apple Music exclusives.

It’s a mess out there!

I will try and be more patient :grinning:

I tried to go to the Quobuz website from New Zealand and got this

the interesting thing is the nz-en
https://www.qobuz.com/nz-en/discover

I am at work and cannot test but it would seems that now it is available in NZ.
In the past I registered my interest in Quobuz and I would have imagined that I would have been contacted if it the service was now available in New Zealand. Weird

M

Which albums are missing on other services?

Shows and plays on Apple Music for me:

Spotify has all albums but none on both Tidal and Qobuz. I think Spotify has more than Apple. :smiley:

Apple has the same content. There are a bunch of live albums not shown in screenshot there as Apple separates live albums from studio.

Dave Matthews Band example is not a case of exclusive content for Spotify.

Deezer same again…

Then only Tidal and Qobuz … well that’s disappointing

Looking into it further with regards to Roon / Qobuz 44.1kHz it looks as though roon is displaying some album’s as 44.1kHz instead of their real quality. For example the 4th selection in Roon under the Qobuz area the Fleetwood Mac Rumors album is states 44.1kHz. When you play it it is actually 96kHz.

Yes, I have been finding that now…quite a few albums are listed as 44 by Roon but when played can be 96 or 192. Perhaps is simply a metadata issue but it does mean finding hi res albums a bit difficult. Anyway, better to be able to play them via Roon. I’m sure they will sort it out soon.

Reported this issue in the support and hopefully will have a resolution shortly Roon reporting incorrect resolution of HiRes Qobuz tracks. Australia . It is frustrating trying to find a HiRes Qobuz file. I have to keep looking at the official Qobuz app to see if there is a HiRes file for the Artist and Track.

Thought that I’d link to this in another thread:

3 Likes

Yes! I will try to sign up again now it is available.

Is this working better now it’s officially released?

I had the same problem, huge DMB fan have like 70 albums of theirs in my library in FLAC fortunately but cant get them on Tidal or Qobuz at all it seems.

But are they there on Spotify or Apple Music?

There are some artists that just do not appear on streaming, or in very limited amount. Grace Jones… Nightclubbing, Slave to the Rhythm, and Island Life, I’ve not found on Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify or Apple Music, for example.