Qobuz Music favorites disappeared from library [Roon Team Investigating]

I’ve only just seen mine fixed, I had to stop and start Roon one more time this morning.

2 Likes

YES!!
Literally seeing the count going up :slight_smile:
Phew!
Thanks Carl

1 Like

Good to hear Tim, it was slightly conflicting, I’ve got pretty used to cursing that quick-moving counter. I ended up triple checking before believing it was going up.

Yup!
Tells me one thing - how much I have come to rely on Qobuz for curating composer works and favourite recordings of these works (Vivaldi was a real effort!!!). Also, the fact that I really can find no alternative to Roon for making sense of the vast library available to us these days.
No way could I ever afford to construct the curated library Roon/Oobuz have allowed me to construct.
Unfortunately, this seems to have become essential to me as Electricty/Broadband/Water supplies :joy:

3 Likes

I resisted Roon for a long itme (told myself that Moode and Volumio were fine). Eventually it was the Qobuz/DSP integration that won me over. Now it’s a whole range of things, sort of like building blocks linking together.

Could I live without it? Could I go back? Well, yes, but only just!

Glad that Qobuz seems to be back for everybody. I wonder if we’ll find out what happened?

None of the Qobuz recordings I have added to my ROON library after 21 September 2020 appear in my ROON library but they are all still favourites in Qobuz, except for four titles added yesterday, which do appear in my ROON library. The missing recordings are available in ROON but are no longer in my library.

Hi there @dylan

Thank you for your efforts.

Has there been a fix for this? Or an update?

Thanks again

Dafydd

Just opened Roon again, all items are coming back quickly, counting up. Hope, they stay :slight_smile: Thank you, Roon team

I took a long, indepth look at the Qobuz part of My Library.
At the beginning of 2020, I had decided not to buy records anymore, released earlier than 2019 (exceptions confirming the rule).
I should not have been surprised, but I still am, how many records I have favorized in Qobuz and added to my My Library. In fact, I have 63 artist with 3 or more Qobuz only Qobuz albums, 90 with 2 Qobuz only albums, and 284 with 1 Qobuz only album.
(this was manual exploration of My Artists , sorted by number of Albums).

Again, these are artists in My Library with only Qobuz albums. I am not even looking at artists of which I own a CD/dwonload, but have som Qobuz albums as well.

Initially, I was planning to make a purchase plan to buy at least 1 album of an artist with 2 or more Qobuz only albums. That plan went to the bin - too expensive.
Or to put it in another way : I cannot without Qobuz anymore.

I really hope that they will be able to expand to (a lot of) new countries, in order to grow the number of users significantly. I would becoming seriouqly depresssed if these guys would go out of business (or bought by somebody killing their high-quality only streaming).

Dirk

3 Likes

Exactly my own experience and fear!

They’re planning on expanding and seem to be growing, which is good news.

https://www.musicweek.com/digital/read/qobuz-raises-millions-to-drive-global-expansion-of-hi-res-audio-streaming-service/081229

I worried that Amazon’s entry into HiRes streaming might dent Qobuz, but it doesn’t seem to have done so. If anything, the opposite seems to have happened. There again, imho, the less said about Amazon HD the better.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to reach out with an update — We’ve confirmed with Qobuz that this issue is stemming from some server-side issues that impacted how they sync with us. They are working on a solution to this, and things should be returning to normal soon if you aren’t seeing this resolved already.

Thank you for your patience as we’ve worked with Qobuz to ensure that this is resolved as soon as possible.

10 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Qobuz heart not working in Qobuz web browser

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.