Qobuz not streaming once again.... This is getting old

I had a issue last week and had to rebut my router. This worked. But this morning Qobuz does not stream. I don’t want to have to reboot my router each day to enable streaming of Qobuz.

1 Like

Has it stopped streaming as in you get an error message when you try to stream, or have Qobuz albums disappeared from your library?

Can you stream Qobuz outside of Roon ?

My Qobuz is streaming no problem - but the synching of Albums is broken as of today. I have hundreds of favourited Qobuz albums, but it’s only showing 54 of them in my library in Roon.

1 Like

@Elias_Nohra
So it’s not really a streaming issue but the unfortunately well known Qobuz disappearing albums act once again.
I agree that this problem is certainly getting old.
However it also has its roots at Qobuz and not Roon and although they are working actively to resolve there really is not much can be done right now.

All I can advise is don’t panic and they WILL all return sooner or later

2 Likes

You meant odd, didn’t you? :innocent:

Cheers. So I should just wait? How long has this taken in the past?

It’s more just an annoyance. I regularly chuck the whole library on shuffle and now it’s a whole lot emptier.

Let Qobuz know that you’re having this issue. See this post from Dylan:

1 Like

One thing that you must not do is clean your library. Apart from that, it is just a waiting game. Things normally return with a couple of days.

Having said that when it happened to me (twice) I managed to get my library back by repeatedly quitting and restarting Roon Server (I have my Core on a Windows 10 PC). It came back a few albums at a time. This is definitely not a solution that works for all, or even for many!

2 Likes

This time around it has been pretty swift, one to two days.
As @SukieInTheGraveyard says, if you wish to play around and try to force the reappearance it might work, I had some luck once by logging out of Qobuz completely within Roon, shutting the core down, restarting the core, letting it settle and then re logging into Qobuz.
So this meant Roon had restarted but was not looking for Qobuz albums at first initialization.
Or just wait…lol

2 Likes

All my Qobuz is gone also AGAIN.

Thanks for all the help everyone! Stopped me from panicking and doing something dumb like spending the night manually re-adding every album (I can get a bit obsessive like that).

Everything came back after 24 hours.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it!
It’s certainly aggravating I agree but speed of return does seem to be a lot faster than it used to be.

Hopefully this Roon/Qobuz sync issue will be resolved once and for all.

Appreciate your patience and understanding.

Now… enjoy the music!

1 Like

As you can see from the posts just in this thread, patience is the name of the game at this point in time.

Nothing much more to be said right now and certainly not much anyone can do to help apart from all the effort that is already taking place behind the scenes.

Mine freaked out last week and needed to rebuild itself over the weekend. As long as the database doesn’t become corrupt again, I can accept these hiccups once a year or so.

This past Thursday I couldn’t stream songs from Roon on Qobuz. It wasn’t just my library — I couldn’t search Qobuz or play anything. That was the case whether I tried the Roon Core or a Remote.

I know it wasn’t my network or Qobuz because because search and playback from the Qobuz app worked fine.

1 Like

These issues with Qobuz have pushed me NOT to renew my subscription. Over the past weeks I’ve increasingly listened to stuff through Apple Music and Idagio - and guess what: no issues whatsoever. So at this point I’ll most probably also end my subscription to Roon (as without Qobuz it’s useless to me and I don’t feel like being taken to the cleaners by Tidal).

2 Likes

I went back to Tidal after the trial because of this issue and the gaps in the library.

I’m pretty new to both, but so far I’ve had no trouble with Qobuz by itself. I’ve only had problems when playing it through Roon. I’ll drop Roon before I switch to another music service.

I hope things improve.

I have encountered the same. I find that for reasons unknown, many of my albums previously saved have simply fallen out.

1 Like