Receiving "Playback is loading slowly" errors

Having the same issue. Playback dropping out within a few seconds when routing to a Mac Pro running Roon 1.6 (Build 416). Problem does not occur when routed to the system output, or when playing the Tidal desktop app.

This has been happening for several months.

Hi @umami,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

You mentioned that this doesn’t occur when playing to System Output. Can you confirm what endpoint it does occur with and how it’s connected?

• Core machine: Macbook Pro (2009), macOS 10.11.6, Roon v1.6 (build 416)
  • Remote machine: Mac Pro (2013 trashcan), macOS 10.14.4, Roon v1.6 (build 416)
  • Both machines connected via Airport Extreme over wifi.
  • Audio output routed from Mac Pro to a Metric Halo ULN-8 via MHLink over cat-5e cable.
  • Music library is stored on an external HD connected to the Macbook Pro via USB. 14994 tracks. The problems I’m experiencing, however, occur only with Tidal when using the above routing configuration. Often the error occurs when starting playback for the first time when bringing the machines out of sleep. After stopping and restarting playback, the problem resolves. Other times, it seems to occur at random, so I’m not sure this is useful info.

Hi @umami,

If you connect the Core machine to the network via Ethernet is there any improvement?

A post was split to a new topic: Playback is loading slowly issue

The type of connection seems to make little difference. In either case–wifi or ethernet–when I get the errors in Roon, I do not get the same errors with the Tidal application.

My apologies for the slow responses. The problem is intermittent, so I have to wait for an opportunity when the issue is repeatable, then quickly switch connection types.

Hi @umami,

Thanks for giving that a try!

Since this isn’t an extremely frequent occurrence, I think the next step here is to focus in on the moments when this does occur. When this occurs:

• Is the Core machine being used for any other tasks?
  • If you check resource monitor, do you notice that usage is high?
  • Is there any other network activity at that time?
  • Is there anything specific about the content being played that this seems to happen with more often?

I’d also like to get some additional information about this endpoint:

• Can you share screenshots of Device Setup for this device?
  • Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing to this device?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.