Recommended NUC for HQPLAYER

Great ! Thanks

Just one more problem I have.
When I load Hqplayer I can’t do much in the settings because the settings screen is “compressed” together.
I am attaching a screenshot

How do I fix this?

Maybe @jussi_laako can help out with this?

Hi @andybob,

Any clue?

I am not receiving an answer from anybody regarding this…
Hope you can help out…

Sorry, no. I’ve never seen anything like that. Updating your graphics driver and reinstalling HQ Player would be my suggestions.

I will try that.
Thanks for the reply

Ofer_Elaz…Maximize the window…helps…doneit myself

Hi,

So I bought the Raspberry pi 3. :slight_smile:

Will HQplayer NAA work on the Win10 IoT Core or would I need to install a full version of Win10?

Thanks

I would recommend this:

Fingers crossed that it works for you… it’s worked for me without issues.

So let me get this right…

After I burn this image to the SD card and load the Raspberry PI it automatically loads the NAA HQP Daemon without me doing anything ? No OS is needed at all?

Thanks for the help…

Yep check out that link above.

Jussi himself describes it…

Read the later posts too. Whether it works for you… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Great! I am going to try…

BTW: Do you have problems using the NAA with 512 DSD upsampling/native?

Thanks again.

I haven’t use the RPi NAA at DSD512.

I doubt it will work using hard wired ethernet (do try though) but I’ve seen reports DSD512 works with the latest RPi3 Model B+ over WiFi.

The latest RPi3 Model B+ features dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. WiFi and USB don’t share same bus power in the latest Pi.

I don’t have the RPi3 B+ so I can’t confirm.

Note, if you want to setup WiFi on the RPi3, you may be better off using DietPi instead of the NAA image I linked. DietPi allows you to both setup WiFi and install NAA, so DietPi is another good option to consider.

Great explanation.
What a bummer that the usb and ethernet use the same bandwith…

If I have a Win10 on the main powerful machine and I use Dietpi on the Raspberry pi will HQP succeed in finding the NAA even though the two computers don’t use the same OS?

Will it succeed for you? If I could answer that, I would have also predicted the winning lotto numbers in the most recent lotto megadraw… :grin:

Give it a try and report back.

But you won’t be wasting your time trying - it can definitely work. I have HQP Embedded on Linux playing to Windows NAA, for example. And @andybob has HQP Desktop on Windows playing to Linux NAA.

Lol!!

I will definitely try that and report back! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!

Just got my new computer with the i9900k (without adding the geforce 2080 ).

Great news! All filters are working perfectly and the cpu marks around 40% while playing the poly sync xtr mp for instance.::

So happy to finally check out the non -2s filters :slight_smile:

Thought it would be handy for others to see that I can work with the i9900k without having to use the Geforce graphic card…

Thanks

3 Likes

DSD256 I assume without any rate family changing?

Hi Ofer,

Can you do PCM44.1k to DSD512x48 (24576000 Hz) xtr non-2s?

It is DSD256 and I have auto rate family checked.
I actually have no idea what the “auto rate family “ option is meant for…
Does it affect the sound in any matter?

Hi Sean,

Unfortunately my Lampi B7 goes up to 256 .
I am considering upgrading it to 512 .
I was told that it would be a marginal difference in sound rather than using the heavier non -2s filters…

1 Like