Release RoPieee 2023.04.1

Then you still have not configured wifi properly.

I suggest you start all over:

disable wifi
save
reboot
enable wifi
configure wifi
follow steps

You may be a magician! I have now got an IP address.

And the WiFi is up and running.

Thank you

Any thoughts? Appreciate the support. @spockfish

Iā€™m at an impasse here. Why would it show in the About area but not the audio section? Same subnet

Yeah forgot to get back to you.
Your unit has a faulty update bundle. The software is able to detect that and refuses to install it. But what it does not do is remove that faulty download bundle so it can start fresh.

So you hit a bug. Downside is that the only way out of this right now is a reflash.

Can you send me feedback?

Sadly again, I spoke too soon. Wi-Fi is not working for two of my Piā€™s. I can set it up on Ethernet and it will allocate an IP address, I can then remove the RJ45 cable and they will still be visible, but when I shutdown, or remove power (Iā€™ve tried both) and move the Piā€™s to their previous locations (working prior to the update) and power up they stubbornly refuse to appear on the network.

9bbcb9874a09181f

Shows in about as a bridge but not in Audio to set up. Has worked in past before putting fresh sd card install of xl

Hi @Drew_Blake ,

Your card is not properly initialised. Hence no audio device and thus a no-show in Roon.

As nothing special has changed between 2023.04 and 2023.04.1 (like a kernel update or something), I suggest you first check if the mechanic connection of the HAT is still good. Weā€™ve had situations where the HAT was not properly attached.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Hi

My Pi 4 version of RopieeeXL just updated from (9032) to (9045) although the version number stayed at 2023.04.1.

The Pi 3 instance hasnā€™t updated (yet).

Alan

That is correct.

There was a bug in the XL version for the Pi 4, hence an update in build but not in version number.

1 Like

Thanks. That makes sense.

I tend to be a bit paranoid about these thinks - itā€™s the other extreme but I had an awful experience with another software product where they would push out a new version with significant changes but not update the version number.

Was a bit surprised first his morning to see an UPDATE alert, as nothing had been announced (not even here).

Would propose to make an entry about that here, Harry

Yeah youā€™re right, see other post.

Thanks

Thanks for the support.

Harry, only FYI.

One of my Pi3 displays didnā€™t quite update properly. The undervoltage symbol didnā€™t go away as is usual (in my case), and while the unit reached the ā€œRoPieee is runningā€ stage, it wasnā€™t quite running, The web gui was up (and ICMP up etc), but functionality failed (like reboot), and the mDNS not operative (not showing up to other RoPieee devices). Hard reboots yielded the same behaviour, as well as using alternative known good, sufficient power. I ended up renaming the device to force a reconfigure, forced a hard reboot, and then the unit successfully booted ā€œcompletelyā€.

Alas, I didnā€™t submit feedback along the way, so this is only FYI in case this edge case interesting from a error display perspective (either in the web gui or display) showing that something didnā€™t load properly. I forgot to check in Roon to see if the extension loaded, but I kind of doubt it from the other things that were not working.

Thanks, as always.

Hello Harry,
first of all thank you for the great work on this project. It makes the Roon eco-system even more attractive.

Iā€™m using one ropieeeXL system on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+. In this case the network connection is established by WLAN since I donā€™t have a cable near by the ropieee system.
Every night my WLAN AP is deactivated and reactivated in the morning. This was never a problem since I updated to 2023.04.1. Now it seems that the ropieeeXL is not able to re-establish the WLAN connection in the morning when the AP is active again.
I also tried a clean setup, which behaves exactly the same.
Only a connection via Ethernet cable can help to re-connect to the WLAN AP.

Is there a possibility to download previous releases (e.g. 2023.04. or 2023.02.1) to verify with which release this issue was introduced and to solve my problem in a short term?

Do you think that this issue can be solved in one of the future releases again?

Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards!

I have a number of raspberry pi devices running earlier versions of ropieee. The device web page says there is a new version available but I would have to flash a new card to install it. So I did (a number of times)

The green led flashes 4 long and 4 short. GPT4 says this is because the unit cannot connect to the internet. The same unit with the same cabling has no trouble with the earlier version. I searched the availability of a wireless connection, but it doesnā€™t show up.

I have flashed numerous cards (same as I have used in the past) but canā€™t seem to get the new version to complete installation.

Any ideas?

• Jim

Do you have the right image for the right hardware? The new version has distinct images for the Pi 3 and Pi 4 family.

Thatā€™s it. Thanks. I had to take the cases apart to see what version I had. I thought it was version 3 and it turns out it was version 4. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks very much for your speedy reply! Great work!

• Jim
1 Like