Restore Function Fails Numerous Times

I’ve added both files as instructed to the Dropbox Roon folder for your QA.

I did successfully restore the ROON VER 1.4 backup to the SonicTransporter i9. The database doesn’t seem to be too out of whack … there are some duplicate albums and the total Album Count is not as high as the Ver 1.7 backup. That could be Tidal syncing. Right now, trying to figure out how to get rid of the duplicate albums.

If you can get the Ver 1.7 backup to work, I will restore that as it has my current settings.

Thanks

Hi @Herb_Goedecke,

Thanks for sending those backups, it looks like I can start the download of them properly, hopefully QA will be able to as well.

Do you by any chance have “Show hidden tracks and albums” turned on?

Do let me know if the 1.4 backup finishes syncing properly, I will let you know once I hear back from QA regarding the 1.7 one. Thanks!

Noris:

The backup finished syncing and my database appears to be correct. No more duplicates, etc. All seems to be operating correctly - including regular backups to the NAS.

I don’t think I need to rely on the backup from ver. 1.7 to get this going BUT I am concerned that if there’s an issue, the STi9 cannot restore a Ver 1.7 backup from ROON. So, this is still something that needs to be investigated.

In the meantime, I have Roon working.

Hi @Herb_Goedecke,

Glad to hear you’re up and running with the v1.4 backup you had. I’m still awaiting for analysis from QA to be completed but once that’s been done and I have more info I’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Hello @Herb_Geodecke,

I spoke to the QA team regarding your case and they have confirmed the following:

1. Restoring the backup from the archive you provided does not cause any issues on Mac/Linux
  2. Creating a new backup from the archive works as expected

At this point, we’re not quite sure why the 1.6 backup you created is having issues restoring on the SonicTransporter. It appears to restore as expected on our end and appears to be intact.

How is the backup from 1.4 holding up, has it remained stable?

I guess we can conclude that the problem lies somewhere with the SonicTransporter. While ROON appears to be running well - based on the 1.4 restore - I’m wondering how I can confirm that the backup and restore function works on my existing setup?

Any suggestions in how I should go about testing this?

Thanks,
Herb…

Hello @Herb_Goedecke,

You could try to create a new backup of the 1.4 database and restore it to the HTPC. If it restores as expected there and it is intact that would suggest that the backup is stable. After that, you could set the SonicTransporter database aside and try restoring it on a fresh database.

I am not exactly certain on how to do this on SonicTransporter (perhaps @agillis can provide some more concrete instructions), but on other Linux-based operating systems and ROCK/Nucleus, you could use the following instructions:

• Stop RoonServer from running
  • Navigate to your Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart the RoonServer in the WebUI to generate a new Roon database folder
  • Restore your database from a backup

Hope this helps!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Metadata Improver: Halter - SonicTransporter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.