Return to where you were, not to top of scroll or beginning of "more" list

Generally, 1.8 seems to be wonderful.

However, on my MacBook Pro, if I have a list of albums, and want to check one that is half way down, when I go back to the list, it takes me to the top. Then scroll scroll, where was I again… really annoying. (This does not happen on my ipad, so hopefully a glitch).

The same thing with “more” - as in, the list of more albums like the one you are currently playing. Always flicking back to the start, not to where you were.

Please fix, @support

11 Likes

I fully agree, I experience the same issues with Android (11).

I also agree. I believe this is some kind of glitch as my windows surface tablet was scrolling to the beginning and then the next night it would return to the last placement in the list.

My Window PC and Android phone also return to the beginning. Very annoying on the phone as there is no quick way scroll the list. A quick scrolling bar of some time on Android would be a much appreciated addition as well.

Thank you Roon team!

1 Like

Same here. It breaks up the browsing experience to scroll down, click on an album, then go back and have it take you all the way back up to the top of the list.

this is one of TOO MUCH annoying features in this deservedly well-[bf]lamed release… :frowning:

Yes, it would be nice if this could be fixed on all OS-es.

This not a new problem with 1.8. The fix has been requested many times in the past.

1 Like

Looks like this issue has been solved!
Yesterday I received a small update and so far I can scroll from where I left. Nice :blush:!

Same here! All my Apple devices (iPhone11, iPad mini 4, Macbook Pro) have the same problem. Everytime when I try to go back from a chosen album within my genre or tag list I always backdrop to the beginnig of the list. This is really annoying! Is there a solution for this bug?

1 Like

@support any news on getting this fixed yet?

Hey everyone,

I wanted to chime in and let you know that our team is investigating this. I wish I had an exact timeline for a fix - at the moment I don’t. We’ll follow up with updates as soon as we have them :pray:

4 Likes

I intend this to be nicely put but I am going to point out that this has been a feature request for more than two years.

1 Like

Yep same here, have this in 1.7 and 1.8. both on the windows core directly as well as ios and android remotes. Extremely annoying

@beka

No offense but this has been a bug tracked in your system since 2016, no one is looking at this issue.

ncplNickCommunity: Moderator, Leader & KB Editor

Jan '16

Bug #13409 Is already in the system for this.

Yes please

Not a permanent fix, but a quick fix I read somewhere on the forum. Open the filter box, beside the sorted by, and X it out, even if nothing is in the filter box. It works for me. Give it a try.

1 Like

I think this is the post @BergeP:

I don’t see the issue on Win 10, starting from the main My Albums screen, to an album, then back to My Albums, but it doesn’t always return to the exact position sometimes 3-4 rows below.

But I do see it via a Genre page>Your Albums>More, then clicking an album from that focused list. Obviously, this is just the same as the main My Albums screen filtered using focus to a specific genre.

But I do also experience the issue from the My Albums screen just by clicking on Focus (but not using it to filter):

When scrolling down, then clicking Focus or the heart icon. The list jumps back to the start, but after closing Focus it doesn’t return to the previous position:

https://youtu.be/sPF2ynukbcE

If this helps @ivan @beka?

1 Like

@BergeP is correct. I did get this to work in My Albums but not with any Tag collections. I’ll poke at this some more later.

@support So this is supposed to be fixed in the new release of a few hours ago. But it doesn’t seem to be. I have discovered that when I am looking at albums, it is not a problem (this, even before the fix). However, it is still the case, that if I can to Home, then added, when I return back from the album it goes straight to the top of the list, not to where I was. So, I’m not sure what is supposed to have ben fixed.

thanks!