Rock problems - needs reboot

I have had to reboot my ROCK system (running on NUC 8th gen i7 a few times to get it to start working again. It seems to be working in that I can navigate my library, but it won’t start playing. When I reboot, everything works well for several days (or even a couple weeks) but then stops working overnight when I’m not using it until I reboot.

I think it would be a nice feature to be able to schedule a periodic reboot on a specified scheduled (nightly or otherwise).

Hello @Jay_Torborg, I’ve moved your post to a separate topic in the #support thread.

To help the support people can you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

I’m running a NUC8i7BEH with Transcend 128GB SSD (TS128GMTE110S) and Crucial 8GB RAM ( CT8G4SFS824A). Installed ROCK with latest BIOS in early Feb this year. Running RoonOS 1.0 Build 186. Hard wired through TP-Link TL-SG1016 Switch to Bryston BDP-2 streamer running latest SW (in for service in Feb). Router is Cisco Meraki MX64-HW. Also on the network are four BlueOS Node 2i running the latest SW. Using ipad Mini 4 tunning ios 13.3.1 and iphone XS Max running same os. I usually have one of the Node 2is grouped with the Bryston.

A post was split to a new topic: Need to reboot ROCK periodically

Hi @Jay_Torborg,

During this time if you play to a different endpoint like System Output of a remote device does it work? Or does this happen with all endpoints?

When this is occurring does it happen with all content, both local and streaming?

I will report back next time the same thing happens. This morning, the Roon remote (ipad) would not connect at all. The NUC HDD light had a steady blink and the NUC required a long press on the power button to reset. After reboot, it’s been playing music for five hours without problems. The problems only seem to occur when I am not playing music over night.

Hi @Jay_Torborg,

Glad to hear the reboot has helped. If this issue occurs again, can you please check to see if the ROCK Web UI is still accessible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.