rooAIDJ - Chat-based AI for Roon

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1c72vVpuuVlIWJpB8flVAZlHXmW2KNd1k

You see PI ARMv8? The image in this folder is the right one…

thanks- I’d tried that one first, but when no RooAIDJ I figured it was the wrong one. Got it now and have RooDial working again. I’ll check back tomorrow if the RooAIDJ appears.

It has to be updates either automatically in the night or manually open the browser at the IP of rooExtend.

I’m currently using RooExtend 2.3.3 beta because you recommended me to go back to this from the later version that unfortunately had issues with an annoying long delay when using RooDial.
Does the latest updated version of RooExtend include a fix for this delay?
Thanks in advance:)

Hi @Michael_Madsen,
not yet but I started working on it. Hope I can finish it in the next few weeks. I will redo the whole BT stuff without all those linux services reconnecting so slow.
Cross fingers that I will be successful.

Best DrCWO

2 Likes

Hi,
Thanks- I will look forward to the coming updates then with fingers crossed.
But my recent version is not looking for updates automatically…
How do I get notifications about your updates?
Keep up your good work!
Best

Hi, I have setup rooExtend v3.2 on a Raspberry Pi 4. It is connected to my network by ethernet. It is enabled in Roon extensions. The rooAIDJ app on my iPad cannot connect to the rooExtend. I can open the rooExtend webpage on the iPad in safari. I investigated the problem with wireshark and found rooAIDJ is trying to connect to the rooExtend on port 8097. This port is not open (listening) on the rooExtend. I am stuck now. Have I missed a configuration step in the setup ?

Please read my second post in this thread :upside_down_face:

Best DrCWO

Please watch this tread…

I also will announce it in the rooDial thread…

I have followed the instructions in the 2nd post and still get the same problem. I have deleted and reinstalled rooAIDJ on the ipad before repeating the instructions. Do you enable rooAIDJ extension before opening rooAIDJ app via safari ? When I enabled it it has status of “service not running, not licensed”. I thought a license was not required initially.

1 Like

A sellcodes license for rooAIDJ is required to get up and running.

.sjb

1 Like

The sellscodes server is systematic refusing payment with credit card for the last 6 hours now. Changing credit card does not help. Annoying…

I sent your complaint to Sellcodes support to check.
I‘l let you know their answer.

Best DrCWO

Okay, I got a license (thanks sjb for info) and rooAIDJ is now working but the results on initial trial are disappointing and some insight would be welcome. As an example I tried “The top 10 UK singles for the Pet Shop Boys”. The AI results are what I expected but the tracks selected to play in Roon were not. See screenshots.

I have Tidal and Qobuz services setup in Roon and have a very large local library. My library includes the 3 disc “Pop Art” and “Discography: The Singles Collection”

Please take a look at thevideo from Darko. He explains to get propts that work.

1 Like

Does this work with PC ans Android ?

How does one determine who Roon sees as the user adding tracks when rooAIDJ imports a playlist into roon?

Just signed on to try my first extension with rooAIDJ.

I have an issues with iPad endpoint not showing up in the zones list. If it does show up is disappears within seconds. With this bug it is impossible to load tracks from rooAIDJ to the iPad.

But as an aside the iPad still disappears from the zones list in the Roon remote as well. This bug has been there for years; across 3 different iPads and 2 different iPhones and 2 new wifi routers. This still needs a fix from Roon and it may be affecting my experience with rooAIDJ.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you looked at the connection between your core and your IPads?… I’ve got three iPads and have not seen this issue.

@Jason I am pretty sure you need to create unique names for your devices. Go into Settings > General on the iPhone or iPad and make sure that none of them share the same name.