Roon 1.6 Feedback Thread

(Craig Palmer) #1248

I’m loving the Qobuz integration. Would love to see roon take advantage of qobuz written artist bios and album reviews and provide the ability to toggle between the current ones (provided by rovi) and qobuzz – kind of like versions for an album. Would also then like the capability to set which is displayed by default (I would choose qobuz as the default) and then display rovi if qobuz not available…

Roon 1.6 AUDIO feedback thread
(Rémi) #1249

Qobuz said in their recent Roon-related press release that there will be more Qobuz editorial content available in Roon, so fingers crossed ! Bios and reviews would be a real plus, and they are localised so available in several languages.

(Fred Rasio) #1250

Qobuz is by far the best streaming service for classical music, so it’s hard to understand your comment. At this point I really don’t see anything that can compete with Roon + Qobuz for classical music.

(Michael van der Wal) #1251

A few weeks in now from my initial feedback…

I’m actually starting to like the now playing screen. Took some getting used to though. I’d like the option to default to the album art, that’s pretty much all to say on this.

The footer is just plain wrong in the whole scheme of things. The color is wrong in both light and dark themes and album art is much too small and so is the font.

The other thing I’m starting to really hate with much passion is that intrusive, in your face question why a track was skipped while radio is playing. Utterly irritating…please provide an option to turn this off. Just a thumbs up and down option (which is there) will do nicely.

Apart from this I’m adding new albums and discovering new artists at an alarming rate due to the new radio, well done, well done, well done!!

One other thing I noticed is that the qobuz integration seems to slow roon down when it comes to responsiveness. I signed up for a trial, but have no intention of paying for another service. I cancelled my account and deleted the account from roon too. To my joy and amazement roon was back to it’s old speed almost immediately.

That’s all I’ve got to say…

(Music and Shawarma Lover) #1253

I don’t mind the question on why a track was skipped, but it shouldn’t be persistent. I never answered a question for a track and it kept asking for days and days.

Agreed that the album cover in the footer is too tiny to be anything but a postage stamp. Can’t even see it from a foot away.

(Andrew Cox) #1254

Discussion of Roon’s management of 1.6 feedback regarding Artist images has increased to the extent that it warrants it’s own thread (some 23 posts). Please feel free to carry on such discussion in that thread. Moderators will shift posts about that topic into the new thread.

(dej) #1255

As we mention before, 1.6 is much slower as previos version on my ROCK. Now i switched roon server on Windows 10, and this runs well, much faster as on rock.

(Ian spector) #1256

Michael, I believe that you can turn off the questioning in Settings.

(John Scott) #1257

I’m not seeing any fix to this yet.

(Michael van der Wal) #1258

If you happen to know where, I’d be very happy!

(Ian spector) #1259

I will not be able to look until Sunday, but I will search then. I am pretty sure it was mentioned here in the last week or so. Ian

(Nicholas) #1260

One thing I noticed on iOS is when I click on the Search icon, the keyboard sometimes doesn’t automatically show up.

e.g. I just clicked it from the Now Playing screen, and it displayed. But clicking it from the Albums list doesn’t.

(Daniel Beyer) #1261

You can turn off the 30 second notification pop-up in Settings/Setup here:

roonradionotification

It does not stop the “Why did you skip the song pop-up”.

(Michael van der Wal) #1262

Thanks, pity there isn’t a toggle for the skipped track question though.

(Daniel Beyer) #1263

You might look at Feature Requests and see if someone has already requested such. If so, add you post in support. If not, then start a new Feature Request.

(Ian spector) #1264

Sorry, that must have been it. I suspect that a feature request for this would be strongly supported.

Roon stops playing when shuffling
(Michael van der Wal) #1265

Put in the request…

split this topic #1266

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon’s handling of 1.6 Feedback on Artist images

split this topic #1267

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon’s handling of 1.6 Feedback on Artist images

(R. Neal) #1269

Any update on artist photo updates? Thought I read that the stretched, poorly cropped, and otherwise poor artist photos on the now playing screen would be fixed with new photos being rolled out on back end servers. Not seeing much improvement. And my library is pretty mainstream. Is this as good as it’s going to be?