Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th

You seem to imply that not providing a minute-specific target release date is disrespectful to customers. I would disagree with that notion.

3 Likes

You reap what you sow.

for those who want a little Come-Down-Music till roon 1.8 comes :rofl:

5 Likes

1000 children here in this channel. Its like santa is coming.
M

9 Likes

Nothing to do on the synology (ie no package to update) just connect to the core from a PC or a Mac (tablets and smart phones do not work) as said in Roon 1.8 arrives on February 9th - #848 by Andreas_Philipp1

1 Like

Arenā€™t we all children of someone?

4 Likes

Surprisingly, some people actually have full, happy lives that donā€™t revolve around a piece of software. For them, the software is just ā€˜thereā€™.
I am not one of those people. But I know they exist.

11 Likes

Iā€™m just hanging out at work right now. Hopefully itā€™s up by the time I get home.

LOL. Hilarious.

Itā€™s my highest badge of nerdery. I shot that video in a quarantine hotel room but still managed to have my skiff with me :slight_smile:

12 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Are there any people who came from Tidal to Roon?

Until 1.8 is available for downlaod, I am using the beandwith for buying and downloading some albums. :musical_note:

I started with roon only four days ago. So I am quite excited how the update process will look like and how the new UI is. :slight_smile:

so, I use an Amazon tablet as my remote. whenever there is an update, if I remember correctly, I get a popup that says update all, or something like that. on the latest email from it says to update android tablets before updating The Core. can I just do update all like usual? will this update work on an amazon tablet or will I have to wait for someone to make an apk update that works

@enno i aim to someday shoot so high :slight_smile:

Congratulations in advance, and hopes for a smooth roll out. Nice to see you here! Please send thanks to team for what has been and surely will be a lot of hard work.

3 Likes

Also, this note from another thread is probably the key point for everyone to read on timing.

Roon will release the core update after they see that the App stores (particularly Apple) have released the remote apps. Roon will see that the 1.8 remotes have become available on the App Store at the exact same moment that we consumers do. They are just as much in anticipation of this as we are. This particular fact is the bane of marketers & PR firms globally. And I actually think from Appleā€™s perspective itā€™s a feature, not a bug.

5 Likes

To confuse things further, Apple and Google roll out the apps at different times to different reasons, so there is no ā€œperfectā€ possible. We canā€™t push out the core until we start seeing it roll out to at least some regions, but it still may take time to reach everyone on Apple/Googleā€™s side. The whole process seems to take a few hours.

4 Likes

Spoiled children of someone. :wink:

We have approval from the Amazon app store, and will release it at the same time as the others.

2 Likes

@Jez

Well I guess there has to be a few selfish folk out of the 100k plus subscribers!

If weā€™re waiting on app stores then Roon has no control over that.

No pleasing some people, itā€™s just want, want, want, now, now, now. Iā€™ve got a 10 year old with better manners than you

3 Likes

This is exactly why Roon almost never gives any specifics about releases dates and times. Itā€™s a no win game when you are at the mercy of the app stores and have a global audience scattered across time zones. Those that complain just know nothing about how the app release process worksā€¦