Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

That’s useless, I do not use Roon daily and when I do it’s mostly to listen music not to keep saving (manually) things.

But typing “Def” does…

:thinking:

Well if you play the mix it will be in your History. And or your Queue.

Bedtime for me in CEST.

Look forward to the updated ding dong in here tomorrow.

FWIW I’m happy with the latest 1.8 from a brief skim. :v:

The IF, that’s what makes this useless (for me at least). I’m not in for work arounds, but I’m all sold for any kind of smart things, the problem is I can’t find any! :rofl:

Very welcome fix for this issue on Android tablets, thank you:

My first 6 daily mixes are also pretty appropriate and good :+1:

Sure but I have no need to pay for music I already bought. I’m not trying to be a curmudgeon here, I just honestly don’t understand what streaming vs not streaming has to do with a recommendation algorithm feature in the software.

12 Likes

I look forward to mixes of music genres I rarely listen to, if I am using NMFY as a bench mark of what Valence thinks I like.

And here we have an instant fail

An Angel Olsen Daily mix with no Angel Olsen at all but Jenny Lewis and nothing else. They are also not exactly similar artists :woman_facepalming:

Not really sure what these mixes are supposed to be as this isn’t mixing anything up much.

Search however does seem a big improvement thus far. So credits whee credits due.

3 Likes

Did they take away sorting by genre on new albums on Tidal? Bummer!

Totally agree

I’ve read about Daily Mixes. I can’t seem to find where they are located at. I’ve updated my core and updated my app on my phone. Can someone tell me where they are at?

1 Like

Your home page! Just scroll down a bit.

Don’t see it. Do I have to have a music subscription service like Tidal or Qobuz for that feature to generate?

1 Like

I agree. Crappy. I don’t use a subscription service either. We are being punished. Just 4844 albums here…

6 Likes

Click settings cog in “Now Playing” then “Show track format” and there you go!

1 Like

Updated smoothly before bedtime yesterday. No issues and even the iPad app was available immediately from appstore.

Love the fixed scrolling positions when going back, thank U!

Daily mixes was nice, but why does Roon insist on grabbing the music from Qobuz when these albums are available (and identified) in my local library, sometimes in even higher resolutions?
I want to play MY music first and foremost and this is one of Roons promises fading away slowly. (The promise of integrating my local music library with online services)

Same goes for Roon Radio before the update, but there i can restrict choices to my library.

Hoping for:

• Better sharing possibilities for playlists, music, artists between Roonies. (Make the sharing thumbnail clickable to anyone with Roon?)
  • A more useful wayof looking at Roon profiles with read only options etc.
  • A slightly less contrasty dark profile as reading bios is harsh on the eyes.
  • A way of replacing online songs in playlists with local equivalents based on availability of this particular song and version. Perhaps this is needed for the first item on the wish list.
  • A more useful ripping option for ROCK. (Naming and metadata)
  • Export function that actually works, even on Mac’s.
  • Diagnostics tool for making sure networking and performance is okay for running Roon. (Would ease supports burden of investigating and also non computer literate users by reporting correct settings)
  • And please fix the visual experience of scrolling through the library on iPad OS, it’s not worthy of a several hundred $ software when free software does a way better job of a similar collection.
    etc. etc.
11 Likes

Roon Bridge is still 1.7 (571)
I’m using Ropieee XL

See here

Roon Bridge 806 doesn’t show up on VitOS RPI.