Roon 1.8 (Build 806) Feedback

New search and daily mix are nice add-ons.

But shouldn’t bugs and regressions be fixed in a maintenance update?

Live radio metadata display has been broken for months on mobile (since 1.8 launch).

Live radio metadata automagic identification has been broken for weeks.

3 Likes

O-O-O-ooo! Daily Mixes? Just for me? Today’s are pretty slick. Nice job folks!

2 Likes

I’m liking the Daily Mixes and am grateful for the scroll position fix!

2 Likes

problem resolved

Because the world doesn’t revolve around your library (mine neither for that matter) and everybody’s attention these days is up in the cloud… One day a big thunderstorm will came and bye bye cloud. A few days after that, this functionality will require your own catalog (as most things with roon, there is nothing build on middle ground).

That being joked, it looks like an interesting functionality and as far as i can see in day 1 it’s 60-70% spot on.

This existed in Roon and was removed when the Now Playing pages were redone.

I agree I miss not seeing what is next.

4 Likes

Is there a history for “Your Daily Mixes”? Meaning can i see tomorrow what was is in the mix today?

1 Like

I would suggest you save it as a playlist. I assume it will all be different Tomorrow.

so, basically, another update where new features are only for third party services…
i don’t have tidal, nor qobuz. i’ve paid for roon.
but…

2 Likes

That’s useless, I do not use Roon daily and when I do it’s mostly to listen music not to keep saving (manually) things.

But typing “Def” does…

:thinking:

Well if you play the mix it will be in your History. And or your Queue.

Bedtime for me in CEST.

Look forward to the updated ding dong in here tomorrow.

FWIW I’m happy with the latest 1.8 from a brief skim. :v:

The IF, that’s what makes this useless (for me at least). I’m not in for work arounds, but I’m all sold for any kind of smart things, the problem is I can’t find any! :rofl:

Very welcome fix for this issue on Android tablets, thank you:

My first 6 daily mixes are also pretty appropriate and good :+1:

Sure but I have no need to pay for music I already bought. I’m not trying to be a curmudgeon here, I just honestly don’t understand what streaming vs not streaming has to do with a recommendation algorithm feature in the software.

12 Likes

I look forward to mixes of music genres I rarely listen to, if I am using NMFY as a bench mark of what Valence thinks I like.

And here we have an instant fail

An Angel Olsen Daily mix with no Angel Olsen at all but Jenny Lewis and nothing else. They are also not exactly similar artists :woman_facepalming:

Not really sure what these mixes are supposed to be as this isn’t mixing anything up much.

Search however does seem a big improvement thus far. So credits whee credits due.

3 Likes

Did they take away sorting by genre on new albums on Tidal? Bummer!

Totally agree