Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback

Yes, but we are a paying customer. Paying for a service and product that isn’t delivering to many at the moment. The last 3 releases have been a giant step backwards. If it were free that would be another story.

3 Likes

Can I ask that all those having the play delays please raise tickets or add to my support ticket please so they acknowledge there is a problem.

Music slow to start any source since build 923

It’s great but they seem to add more bugs every time as well so a little counter productive some like the disappearing audio devices and bridge issues where pretty big ones to. It’s coming like Plex which suffers the same fate faster more regular releases and new bugs introduced.

You mean blue/grey?

I use the light theme on my remotes primarily as I find the dark theme tiring/difficult to read. I am pretty sure I used to have a light theme on my displays as well but now I get the same dark theme as you in your shot. Have the fonts changed as well? The font really bunches up and is difficult to read where there is more information to display, for example with Classical.

Its always “some” suffering though, which is tough to diagnose.
(Excuse me whilst I go and find a large lump of wood to touch.)
My setup just churns along without noticeable issues.

1 Like

Mine too that’s why I commented as I did.

I have used Roon for over 5 years and to be honest find very few things I would consider a bug. I sympathize with those who find bugs .

My comment was really that up until now they have saved up minor bug fixes until a BIG feature is ready so as to minimize the number of release (I guess). That means people wait for what is perceived to be a quick job. With releases often 3-6 months.

The “small and often” approach to bug fixes is prone to adding regressions. A BIG release is likely to go through more rigorous (alpha and beta) testing before release. The temptation for little bug fixes is just to “get them out there”. Been there got several T shirts (I was a software support manager for manufacturing software of a large corporate)

Roon has to contend with such a range of hardware out there , I feel for them.

1 Like

With the new update I cannot write values in “recording start date” and “recording end date” data fields.
Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Raise a support thread if you haven’t already done so.

Nope I just added a Recording start date with no Issue

and it saved , this is a view after saving

Mine too. I have noticed that dsf processing is slightly slower now at 9x rather than 14x but it has no affect on listening experience. Build 923 is working well for me.

1 Like

Updated from 884 (I think) to 923. I don’t usually (ever) go with latest build, but didn’t want to get to far behind in builds. I also wanted to take advantage of some of the new enhancements in the last few builds, so I went for it.

Update went fine and everything appears to be working well. The speed increases in browsing (graphics) is significant. So far so good

1 Like

Yes, finally Chomecast works and its Now Playing display looks fabulous without the gray screen across the bottom third of the photo. All graphic changes to the album display positioning create a classier presentation.

The rotation thru the photo gallery for each artist occurs, but most often the photo presented at the start of a song is not the featured/Valence/primary photo. This is particularly annoying when instead another artist photo that has been edited in is displayed instead. Example: A Muddy Waters album includes photos of bandmates Buddy Guy and Willie Dixon, in addition to Muddy Waters. But instead of the Muddy Waters photo being displayed when a track begins, a Willie Dixon photo is presented. Eventually, the photo will scroll to Muddy Waters, but it should be shown first.

Hoping Roon can address this problem.

Sorry to get back on my hobby horse - the bit rate isn’t fixed in displays for “Daily Mix” - it’s fine when choosing tracks directly though.

Please can this be added in for daily mix as well as it’s already in place elsehwere?
Thanks

Yes same here

Yep it’s much worse on my iPad on his build. You are right it was going in he right direction to the point I could live with it, it seems that any horizontal movement now Makes it jump.

1 Like

I don’t understand how this change is an improvement. Even worse, I’m sometimes getting the artist avatar displayed instead of the artist photo.

I liked how the Now Playing display worked before. It looked like a premium product. Sure, there were occasional cropping issues, but I figured Valence was going to improve those. This change just looks bad. Please change it back or give me the option of a “classic” view. Ugh!

6 Likes

Same here. I’ve now given up any hopes this will ever be sorted to the point where it’s as fluid as other apps.

I would also appreciate if Roon would comment on what is causing this behaviour.

I reported, up in the thread, that my iPhone app was crashing after the update. I rebooted my phone and all is basically well. The Roon app still crashes more than any other app I have on my phone, it’s just infrequent enough to not really matter. Reload and go on with things. Just setting the record straight.

Have you found a solution to this
I have the same problem

I have the same problem with my Inuos zen Mk2
It lost connection with my DAC
That problems also happens few mounths ago and was resolved with an update. But with the 1.8 build 923, it happens very often. Each 1 or 2 minute of listening. I am not able to liste to an complete 5 minutes song without 2 stop becaus of lost of my audio periphical
Realy a big problem

1 Like