Roon 1.8 (Build 923) - Feedback

:face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

No commentā€¦

2 Likes

My Linux system is running stable across Win 10 and ios, Google. Thanks, Roon team!

Very much liked the improved roon display. I did some further tweaking of album art size, font colorā€¦ :grinning:

2 Likes

@Enrico_Corvonato - I apologize if I am asking something I should have been able to find, but I looked and couldnā€™t find it. Is there documentation on how to change the album size for the Chromecast display?

Thanks!

You might try looking/searching in the Tinkering section, if you havenā€™t already.

1 Like

Hi @Vincent_Kennedy ,

Iā€™m not aware of any documentation in regard. You have to edit the CSS style file named display_ui.html, an html with the layout and formatting of Roon display.

Iā€™m not a programmer but it was quite straightforward to understand and modify.

In Mac OS, the CSS file is under:
Applications > Roon (or Roonserver depending if you run a separate server app as I do) > right click > show package content > Contents > Resources > webroot

Cheers!
enrico

1 Like

Perfect! I see it and am on it!

Thanks!

The fact that you art fills the screen is nice!!

1 Like

Yes, the Now Playing Display via Chromecast does look very well.
We need this view on iOS devices now

2 Likes

Weā€™re working on some improvements to the artist photo cropping on the Now Playing screen.

Once that goes live you should get edge-to-edge photos at way more screen sizes.

14 Likes

Hope that addresses the problem I have with the W10 remote going nuts after being on the now playing screen for several days. May not have anything to do with it but Iā€™ve had it set like that numerous times before Build 923 with no issues. Have a support ticket open and a post in this thread above that details the issues.

1 Like

Cool - good forward to seeing this.
If you need any testing, just ask.

1 Like

Am I the only one to have noticed strange things introduced with this latest version on PEQ and touch screen behavior.
Here some details :

• when I make changes in the eq, things are much less smoother. Music stops and does not restart in a smooth way meaning music stops and I need to press play again to make Roon run with the PEQ change. Very frustrating
  • some parts of the screen (on iOS endpoints) are now not sensitive meaning for example when I click on volume or signal path, I used to press anywhere in the screen to make the little window of volume or signal path disappear. Now I need to press on signal path again or everywhere else when screen is sensitive to make it disappear with less zones to press than before
    Why these changes ? Especially for eq there is a problem

This is not cool at all to have these changes which are completely unexpected with these kind of updates. Please @support make the tests and confirm

2 Likes

IMO, Roon should have a section on this forum dedicated to beta releases of features.

This section would allow users to test and vote on beta releases/features. I.e GUI changes, functionality etc. This would also allow those inclined to beta test updates before they go to all users.

It seems every time Roon release a new feature, the community provides soo much feedback that updates and features end up highly customised anyway.

This process would surely create efficiencies in issue minimisation and customisation.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed GUI scaling issues on the PEQ section.
Issues with duplication of icon overlays, ripping of the PEQ visualisation.

IMO, the delay on play from a PEQ change has always been there.
This length of time is random, sometimes instant, sometimes long.

I believe this could be related to the known play/pause issue.

1 Like

Thy would be fantastic the latest build was a huge step backward on my iPad remote IMHO.

1 Like

They have one but itā€™s only used to the general public on major releases so far and not well enough in advance of the release. They opened up the last two major ones up.

I should have given some precisions re this EQ thing.
Yes it is normal behavior to have the music stop a little bit to take into account a PEQ change (although I already suggested to completely try to avoid this like PEQ changes in other apps which does not stop the music at all - this will be much more natural and will give a better feeling to the listener)

Yesterday I was playing with changing upsampling from DSD to PCM and vice versa and Roon did not manage c. 85% of the time to restart the flow naturally. What happened is that music was blocked even if it looked like playing. I had to pause, to wait for the signal path light to be off, then press play again to have the music back. Very annoying and it happened several times

2 Likes

I partook in the last public beta & thought I would get all the beta releases, which doesnā€™t appear to have happened but the situation is now a little clearer :+1:t3: