Roon 1.8 (Build 933) Feedback

my kef lsx’s won’t work since installation. advice please. They connect but no volume, they are working fine with non Roon connexions e.g. to the TV and bluetooth, so it is definitely a Roon issue. Advice please

13 posts were split to a new topic: Build 933: Back button and header unresponsive on Genres page

Hey @pscreed,

Thank you for your feedback, we’re happy to see that you appreciate our new approach to updates. We feel like the more frequent build cycle is working well, your support for the change and positive comments are very appreciated. :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Sorry, no you didn’t. Sometimes the app is not updated in the app store for awhile after the Core update is available. If you think you updated the app, you probably really didn’t until you caused an update by the delete/reinstall.

Hey @James_Ward,

We’re sorry to hear that you experienced a snag with the update, please reboot your Core and Router, then see if the iOS Roon Remote update is available in your region. If you continue to have trouble please submit an issue report in the Nucleus Support channel and we’ll tend a hand.

1 Like

Very strange? I cannot replicate?
(iPad OS 15.4.1 iPad Pro 12.9" 4th Gen, 2020)

Is anyone else having the issue of remote losing the connection every few seconds, then connecting and fast forwarding the song to where it should be? I cannot listen to more than 10 seconds of music without Lost Connection!

I completely agree/disagree. :grin:

1 Like

Can any of you who are also seeing issues with unresponsive buttons in the header please post your reports in this thread?

We’re in emergency response mode on this bug and appreciate your help and patience while we work to get this resolved. Thanks!

5 Likes

I had the Genres issue on W10 remote, combined with some others, that started 2 upgrades back - Build(923). I put in the following support ticket and waited 9 days for a response then gave up. Deleting and reinstalled the software after the 931 upgrade put things back in order but should not have been necessary.

The (Build 933) update went through quickly and successfully for me today.

No issues for me so far!

Edit: Roon Rock on an Intel NUC 8i5
Windows 10 & iPad Control devices
Linn Klimax, Sonore microRendu/Mytek Brooklyn+, Naim Muso (Airplay) and Chromecast Roon endpoints.

Nope and I have similar configuration as you (Core Mac Mini M1, 8 GB, remote iPad or iPhone).

1 Like

Thanks, maybe I’ll open a separate support thread then

Lots of crashes here. Using a new Mac Mini M1 and the iOS app. Can’t keep the remote stable for more than a minute. Just crashes.

Note: A reboot of my iPhone after the update seems to have fixed the crashing issue I was experiencing.

1 Like

I can confirm crashes on the Windows client don’t happen anymore and it’s so much faster, good update.

1 Like

Changes to “Background audio analysis speed” are reflected in the UI but are not taking effect. UI correctly shows 16 cores available but regardless of choice remains in “Throttled” mode. Was working prior to 933 (I always up the cores when I add multiple albums so is tested often)

Not looking for support just providing feedback.

2 Likes

Hi,
After the last update my playlist links disappeared. How can I restore it?

Thanks

This seems to be my experience as well. The PC app shut down on me twice after the update, while I wasn’t even playing anything (Win10, 16GB RAM).

They need resetting

3 Likes