Roon 1.8 is great

Have to agree :slight_smile:

You have to admire Roon for having a self-endorsed community forum.

They really put themselves on the line & some of the comments you see on here (from people that pay for Roon!?) are unbelievable. Talk about relaxing a little!

The Roon guys must have such thick skin to stay professional like they do.

The new Roon looks & works great for me across various devices, platforms & OS’s.

Would take a good few problems to get me away from it. Thanks all for your hard work.

7 Likes

Would be great to get folks’ input on how they like the UI, based on which remote type they use the most. I have a strong guess as to what’s going on. But I like to use data. Thanks!

Étant nouvel utilisateur et cherchant depuis un certain temps un très bon système de gestion pour ma musique, avec ROON j’ai enfin trouvé ce que je cherchais. Continuer ainsi ROON et bravo à toute votre équipe. :clap:

2 Likes

Thanks Roon team. Great update!

I’m in love with the Dark Mode.

If you have a good and maybe even a color calibrated monitor with excellent black levels and preferably 4K. It’s really amazing.

Thanks Roon!

Enjoy The Music!

Emre

6 Likes

Will have to try this on my calibrated BenQ photography monitors!

Thank you, appreciated, that did it. Different place if I remember correctly to 1.7 but no problem with that. new version, changes, acceptable.

1 Like

I have been exploring it on my laptop, and the interface sure works better (and probably as intended) with a large screen. It is an abysmal experience when exploring it on my iPhone. It feels like a cluttered mess. When I replace my broken iPad, I will try and get the largest screen I can afford!

Oh! And I swear it sounds better when using DSP. :grinning:

1.8 is a huge step forward for me. After only a few hours of use I upgraded to a lifetime licence. It now works so much better with classical music for me. There has also been a significant reduction in ‘trying to connect to Roon core’ delays, which previously irritated me.

Truly excellent work. Thank you.

5 Likes

What’s with the aggressive sarcasm? If you’re upset with 1.8 the that’s fine. Many (majority according to ongoing poll) are satisfied. We can all dwell on the things we don’t like, but I tend to find that celebrating the things we do like makes for a more contended life.

A huge amount of hard work has gone into this update. Real people working hard for our benefit. 5 days in and I really do think Roon 1.8 is great, but I’m a glass half full sort of a person.

2 Likes

OK. A feel good thread for less than 150 posts from about 90 users. Hmmm, let’s have a look at the Customer Satisfaction rate based on the “100k” subscribers…or maybe not as statistics don’t care about feelings.

For some people Apple can do no wrong.

Paying a company good money for a solid service does not presuppose an excessive level of indulgence.

Do you even realize that some users are diving into and modifying hidden display parameters, at Roon’s dismay, just to configure a more palatable UI?

If 1.8 dwarfs the Second Coming for some of you, please elect to stay with it while the rest of us (hopefully) benefit from 1.9, 2.0, etc

[Moderated]

1 Like

Ouais, bon courage avec ça…

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about? It’s a piece of software that you don’t like. If you’ve got an evidence base to ascertain the thoughts of 100,000 subscribers then I’d be happy to see that.

If you’re unhappy with Roon then you have every right to look for another solution. Hopefully you’ll stick with it and give 1.8 a chance.

1 Like

I am sorry that you had such a negative experience with the new release. Unfortunately, you didn’t say what made your current organization worse for you, and this may also be the wrong thread for problems and criticism.

Mods have temporarily closed this thread to avoid discussion deteriorating into personal argument. Please refrain from posting about other users when it reopens.

4 Likes

The thread has been re-opened but posts have been slowed until tomorrow. Please keep the guidelines in mind when posting.

Empathy.

Those whose systems broke, that is terrible. When my core upgrade got stuck halfway through I was cursing myself for trying the upgrade in the first few moments. That’s a rough situation to be in for a piece of software you enjoy and pay a lot for.

Those who extensively used bookmarks that AND/OR screwed up had a lot of investment that seemed like it had cratered. While I’m confident that the team will eventually make it right, it sure didn’t feel like it and that sucked.

Those who relied on editorial ratings, or who had very large format screens, or whatever that felt like their use case was worse, I feel for you. Some I’m sure will be fixable/fixed, some will just be worse as Roon evolves.

To those who went on vituperative rages against fonts, the color purple, circles, I feel for you in a different way.

I’ve been discovering version after version of die zauberflote and naïma, and going down a Motown rabbit hole. I love 1.8, and I’m not sorry about it. That doesn’t take away from anyone else who is either having a rough go of it, or who hates/dislikes it because of their use case, or who just has a visceral ugh reaction. We all paid a lot for it.

But I’d also ask folks to have empathy for the team that put it together, and try to work on the best way to achieve change. That’s part of what makes me like Roon regardless of version, color, font, circles vs squares, local vs streaming. This community of people who just dig it.

So dig it.

9 Likes

1.8 is a great update, thanks Roon! :+1:

2 Likes