Roon abruptly stopped functioning

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win10, Roon build unavailable.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello,

Friday night I would lose my internet connection a couple times an hour when running Roon. Each time I would have to reset ethernet adapter through troubleshooting to get it back. However, as of yesterday I cannot get Roon to spin up at all. All I get is the Roon logo and a blank screen like it’s forever loading. I’ve re-installed several times to no avail.

Please advise

did you update windows? Or maybe it updated itself…normally can cause issues perhaps with graphics drivers?

maybe you can fill in properly the details requested above like hardware and networking etc too

Hi @William_Kaplan,

I would try a full Roon reinstall:

• Make a Backup of your current Roon Database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

3 posts were split to a new topic: Core not visible to Roon Endpoints

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
i7-8086K 64GB RAM 64-bit OS Win10

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Centurylink Fios GIG service

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lumin X1 Fiber optic connection

Description Of Issue

Roon consistently crashes my internet connection. While listening to Roon from my desktop to the Lumin X1, if I change songs or albums, my internet will crash. The Roon app then becomes unresponsive to anything but a hard shutdown and even that takes some time to respond. The only solution is to run the Network Troubleshooter which solves the issue by resetting the Ethernet adapter.
This does not occur at any other time outside of running Roon. If it were occasional I could live with it but having to reset several times an hour is VERY FRUSTRATING!

Please help

tagging @support.

??? not sure what that means. Is there another form of direct support I should be writing to?

Hi @William_Kaplan,

Just to make sure I’m understanding you correctly here, you’re saying that when you switch tracks on your Lumin the rest of your PCs network stops working? As in Chrome/Firefox stops being able to load pages when you switch the track? Or is it just Roon impacted by this behavior?

Is this the same issue as your other post here?

Still having this issue, are there no answers to this? Today is crashed my internet on start up. Again only when running Roon does this happen.

Is there another place I should be seeking help??

Doesn’t bode well for continuing my membership.

Hi @William_Kaplan,

No, this is the correct category to seek help, in #support.

I asked you a few questions and gave a suggestion above but never heard back from you, can you please let me know/try the following?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon crashing my internet

Closing this thread as per @William_Kaplan’s request and shifting the discussion to: