Roon and Tidal Playback Isues

@support Hi - I have a Roon Nucleus connected via USB to a Moon 780D Dac and I frequently get playback issues with TIdal (my only source) where it pauses midway through a song, then skips to the next one. I have a gigabit Internet connection via Comcast and a wired ethernet connection so its not my download speed. To correct the issue, I unplug and then replug the Nucleus, which immediately fixes the issue for a few days until it happens again.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi @Gary_Calega ----- Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is always appreciated!

Moving forward, to help aide in our evaluation of this behavior, may I very kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. Please describe your network configuration/topology being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing. I want to have a clear understanding as to how your devices are communicating and all the tools involved with making those connection possible.

2. When you notice this behavior does Roon ever generate an error or warning message?

3. Besides the mentioned Moon 780D DAC, do you have any other active audio zones in your setup? If you do, do they exhibit the same behavior when playing back TIDAL?

4. How often does this behavior occur (approx.)?

-Eric

Hi Eric - Thanks. Below are the answers to your questions:

1. I have a comcast cable modem with a gigabit connection which is wired to a netgear business pro switch that connects wired to the Roon Nucleus. My speeds are consistently high.
  2. Roon sometimes generate an error at the bottom in red that the track on Tidal is not available (even though it is?). The song pauses, then skips to the next one.
    3 - I have no other zones
    4 - it does it about every 3 days. Unplugging and plugging it back in immediately fixes the issue.

Hi @Gary_Calega ----- Thank you for touching base with me and my sincerest apologies for the slow response here.

Continuing forward, based on your feedback it sounds like you are using a managed switch between your modem and the Nucleus. If this is indeed the case,
and you are making use of a managed switch, I would recommend enabling flow control on the device as we have seen a few issues crop up with these class of switches in the past ( Example: #1, #2, #3).

-Eric