Roon ARC Sync Failures [Investigating]

I take it your iPad is on cellular and not wifi? Or are you saying that the Samsung won’t connect on ARC on Wifi?

WiFi. The iPad is WiFi only.
The phone ARC doesn’t connect on either WiFi or Cellular. The ARC app doesn’t even open all the way, as you can see in screenshots above.

Updated to the latest Roon. Same problem. Connects, but after syncing “for the first time”, it fails after maybe 5 seconds. I can see traffic on my firewall and nothing gets blocket. I have an old iPhone 7 Pro, so I guess this isn’t tested too well on older phones.

Hey @Jack_Zimmermann,

If you could please take note of the date and time this issue happens, and share that info here that would be helpful :+1:

Well two minutes ago. Same problem.

Jack Zimmermann

@benjamin
No response to my posts above about how my iPad connects via ARC but on my Samsung S22 Ultra, the ARC app just hangs and doesn’t even open all the way?

@danny2 we’re still in the process of collecting new information to try and pinpoint where this issue may be.

If you’d like to reproduce the issue a few times and send over a set of manual logs to this link here, that would be helpful :+1:

@Jack_Zimmermann are you over Wifi when this happens? Are you able to use your iPhone 7 as a normal roon remote without issue?

Hi-
Sent logs named danny2

1 Like

No, the iPhone is connected to the carrier, not Wi-Fi.

Hey @danny2,

Sorry for any confusion here - we’d need a set of your Android logs, not core logs in this case. If you could please follow the more detailed instructions below, that would be helpful:

• follow the steps in this guide to enable ADB logs on your Android device
  • reproduce the issue once again
  • when it happens, please share with us the local date and time (the timestamp)
  • after you’ve ran into the issue, could you please grab a set of logs and zip up the entire folder
  • zip up the set of Android logs (ADB logs)
  • upload Android logs to our drive

@Jack_Zimmermann if you could follow the above as well, it would be great to have another set of android logs from a different device experiencing the same issue :+1:

Thanks!

In the guide you linked to, the link for the ADB zip file doesn’t work.
This link:

1. On the computer, download the ADB Zip file from this link and unzip its contents.

https://uploads.zohocorp.com/Internal_Useruploads/dnd/Mobile_Device_Manager_Plus/o_1cqnjstb2fotvbmhq1k1mprj1/makedeviceowner.zip

Need to use this link, instead:
https://downloads.zohocorp.com/dnd_120/Mobile_Device_Manager_Plus/rwuRwkdudNOw2Nu/makedeviceowner.zip

1 Like

Except I use iOS.

Generated a file.txt as in the ADB instructions.at approx 14:45 on Jan 04

But I don’t understand what you want me to send:

what logs? are you referring to the file.txt file I generated from my phone?
what entire folder? it just isn’t clear what you want. please be extremely specific

Thanks for the heads up @danny2. Typically you’ll get a few different files when doing this, but that’s no problem. Please upload the .txt file here.

@Jack_Zimmermann you can use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

I uploaded something called file.txt, which is the log from my phone.
I tried opening ARC at approximately 14:45 on Jan 4, and again at approximately 14:58.
Thanks

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Arc Sync Issue Samsung S10 Plus

Hey @danny2,

Following up on this thread, I wanted to let you know our Arc team is still working on this issue. Progress is a bit slow due to continued trouble replicating it.

That said, please try updating to the latest Arc build and let me know if your issue persists :pray:

Hi-
Just uninstalled and re-installed the app. No change. Still goes to the screen with the Arc logo and gets stuck.

Hey @danny2,

Thanks for giving that a try. As a next step, can you please remove Arc on your device, and manually download Arc from the link below:

https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/RoonARC.apk

1 Like

Success!
It works now.
So what was the issue? Was it some sort of security setting on my phone?
And was this just me? I’ve got a pretty big selling model, seems weird that it would just be just me.