Roon Breakdown with Playback Errors (ref#DF5I1M)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Playback

Description of Issue

Roon has broken down completely with more errors than I could possibly list here in the time available. After a week of trying - and failing - I have right now (11am, 18th Jan) switched my Zen Mini Mk3 server to Sense in a desperate attempt to be able to play music for the first time in over a week. Roon has gone - I cannot access it on iPad or iPhone so have deleted the Roon apps. They were taking forever to find the Roon Server and not finding it. At one point it kept telling me that I cannot be logged in to more than one server !!! What the hell is that about? Roon appeared to return the other day but all settings changed, all playlists and play history built up over years gone - and it could not find my KEF LSII wireless speaker, which remains connected to the Roon Core via USB cable as usual (and has been for years). It seems I have reached the end of the road with Roon after many years of (troubled & unstable) use. Before I cancel, is there something I can do to (i) get Roon running again and (ii) if so, improve stability?

Roon Server Platform

Roon Server Specifications

It is a 1GB Zen server; I don’t know much more than that. It is connected to a router via ethernet and to my KEF LSII’s via USB.

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSII Wireless connected to Roon Core via USB; also around the house I have Yamaha RX-A1060 (Airplay); Apple HomePod Mini (Airplay); Oppo UDP-203 (Roon) + MacStudio, iPad Pro, iPhone 15 ProMax…

Home Network Details

Roon Server connected to WiFi Router via CAT6 ethernet cable. Router is Lynksys Velop mesh system. WiFi/broadband service BT Full Fibre 500.

I’m not familiar with Zen so I can only offer that it sounds like a hardware issue of some kind, maybe the internal drive has issues and it is unable to run the Roon server software.

Hopefully someone with knowledge of the Zen product will see this post and be able to help you out.

That reply was utterly unhelpful. Roon is broken and acting in such a bizarre manner I need to know if it can be fixed. If it can I will stick with it. If it can’t I will have no option but to request a refund and cancel my subscription. I don’t want to do this if I can help it. I have videos of Roon behaving badly.

@Mike_LC is just a user like you and I trying to help as best as he can on his own time. As it is a Zen server, did you try asking Innuos support who sold it to you?

Official Roon support will come to this topic when they have worked through the queue, but it’s now weekend and anyway it can take several days.

However, also note this:

2 Likes

Despite your “positive” reaction. Maybe this link is helpful. But before doing anything contact Innuos to be on the save side.
Plz don’t react if your feeling not helped.

1 Like