Roon Build 1400+ : Issues with Airplay Connection to Certain Endpoints [Resolved with Build 1413]

Yes thank you, I just discovered this thread - I’m sorry for opening an extra one.
So same experience across the board.

I updated Roon half an hour ago. My Eversolo A8 had been perfectly controllable, for months, through Roon until that moment (even though I know official Roon certification is officially “pending”). Now it doesn’t work anymore. That is, I can still see and select the A8 player in Roon, choose any music I want, but as soon as I hit play, the time of the song doesn’t advance (stays stuck at 0.00) and no music plays.

All my other Roon-connected players function normally: Bluesound Node 2i, Naim Mu-so, NAD streaming amp, even the Eversolo A6 Master Edition.

Nothing else changed on my end so it seems very likely to me that the latest Roon update “broke” the A8. Any other A8 users seeing this?

All is still OK in the sense that I can use the Eversolo app to control the A8 (and the A6). But without Roon, playing music isn’t the same experience…

Facing the same problem with Airport Express 2. Gen.
Firmware downgrade to 7.6.9 also did not help.
Details on what works, what not in my post Airplay not working on Airport Express after update to Build 1401 (ref#P0SS6A)

Yes, I am also having the same problem. After unplug/replug doesn’t disappear but only works one time, when switching to play another stream does not start playing.

1 Like

Although in the context of setting up Arc, this page suggests that Airport is not recommended for use with Roon. I replaced mine; it’s old technology, now, alas :frowning: .

m_traveldude Moritz further describes the problem I am having, rebooting only works one time. Since I do not use Arc, the AirPort Express has worked flawlessly with Roon to date.

Since opening this ticket, I discovered another one related to Airplay. It looks like this issue might be broader than just Airport Express: Roon Build 1400+ : Issues with Airplay Connection to Certain Endpoints [Ticket In, Fix Forthcoming] - #40 by kd007.

As you can play music to the A8 via its own app, Roon didin’t break it. However, there maybe a connection issue. The first thing I always suggest is to reboot everything.

Having the same problem!

1 Like

My roon has been working smoothly for since I got the unit until the last roon software update. Roon works with other target end points just not with eversolo.

I press play on the song it tries to play for a seconds nothing happens then the play button returns,

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble playing music

What best describes your playback issue?

· I'm hearing dropouts

Describe the issue

Since the new update I'm hearing dropouts when starting a new track. In every track before the song actually start, especially when there is silence, i can hear a "clicks" / "drop outs" in the very beginning. And this was not happening before. It happens when playing with "air play" with different speakers at the same time. But does not happen when using "RAAT".

Thanks, but there’s no connection issue. Of course I rebooted the player, and the Roon software, and my Roon ROCK. Not my first rodeo.

You’ll see elsewhere in this thread that other people are now reporting the same or similar issues; and today I heard from Eversolo USA that the Roon problem with the A8 is documented and confirmed, and that the Eversolo team is looking to mitigate or fix it.

Same issue here! Both my Airport Express (Airplay 2) devices stop working at the same time. Only a restart of the devices temporary solves the issue.

As you suspected, I believe this is the same issue, so I’ve merged your support thread into the existing one.

1 Like

@Peter_Liu - I’ve been having the same problem with playing individual tracks in my HomePod mini, and your “track scrubbing” technique worked.

I’m wondering if you’ve also seeing another behavior. While track playback seems to get stuck like you’re experiencing, I don’t have the same problem when playing an album using the blue “Play now” button. Playback occurs immediately without additional intervention. Have you experienced this, too?

I listen to internet radio (praise for Radio Paradise) using Roon. I have found that by starting the stream and as soon as it starts, stopping it and restarting it causes Roon to reliably connect to all of my HomePods.

After the last update (build 1401) my HomePod is not working via AirPlay.

Other AirPlay devices works fine but HomePod doesn’t start playing. It appears ok on remote app but after press play, it never starts.

Other sources plays fine via AirPlay on HomePod.

Is it only my problem?

I just checked my AirPlay zone (2 x HomePods and 1 x PowerNode) and everything is working correctly. Perhaps reset (unplug) your HomePod…?

I already reset (unplug) it. I will try a factory reset…

Thank you for your help, it appears a local problem.