Roon Crashing on iMac Catalina

Roon 1.7 crashing (Roon quit unexpectedly) repeatedly on iMac running Catalina

1 Like

Hi @RayK,

Is this your Core machine? When did you start experiencing this issue? Have you tried rebooting this device?

I’ll get these logs over to the team. Please keep in mind that due to the holiday weekend the queue for the technical team may take a bit longer than usual.

Hi Dylan. This is my core machine. Been experiencing this since change to 1.7. Rebooted many times to no avail. Numerous crash reports sent to Apple automatically but not sure if these are of any help to you.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Quit Unexpectedly” on Mac

Hi @RayK,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Is Roon crashing immediately or after some time? Have you noticed any patterns?

Not done it again …yet

1 Like

Happened again. Copy of OSX log:
error log

Hi @RayK,

Thanks for sending the logs over, I’ll get those to the team. Is this the only time Roon has crashed since we last discussed this?

Indeed, 1st time

Thanks for confirming, @RayK!

I’ve updated your ticket with the technical team including the logs. I’ll be sure to reach out as soon as I have their feedback. Please note that, due to the holidays, the queue times are a bit longer than usual. I’ll be following up soon!

1 Like

Hi Dylan, just saw this thread, I have myself continuous crashes of Roon on my Mac (Catalina as well). I am not using it as core but as control point. When I say “continuous” I mean 10 times in two hours or even more frequent than that.

Hi @RayK,

Has this continued to occur since the last occurrence or have things mostly been stable? If it’s still occurring, the team has asked that the next time you see this to make a note of the time and then please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Not yet but will send if does.

1 Like

And again:
Log link:

and again

Thanks, @RayK — I’ll get these to the team and will follow up soon with their feedback.

Hi @RayK,

I wanted to check in and see how things have been for you since the last logs that you sent. Have you continued to see any crashes? I spoke with the team about this and, unfortunately, the logs don’t have a lot of details about what might be happening.

Since the errors don’t appear to occur regularly (took 17 days, then 13 days) we are wondering if you’ve noticed any patterns about what is occurring in Roon during that time. Are there any certain actions that appear to lead to the crash? Are there other apps that are always running when this occurs? What does resource usage look like?

A post was split to a new topic: Roon crashing on Mac running Catalina

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.