Roon Extension Manager for Windows [Deprecated]

It’s probably more reliable (and easier) to setup a basic task in windows scheduler - Type “taskschd.msc” in the run command box and setup a basic task which runs every time the pc starts up.

I have just installed the extensions manager as a service on an up to date Windows 10 machine and it works fine for me. Thanks for this.

1 Like

Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!

Thank you for this!

It works with MX Linux too. Just did it!

Really excellent , thank you. I’ll say it again, thank you.

I took a Raspberry Pi down form the attic to run the new(ish) Roon extension manager but didn’t like running a Pi 24/7 and the found this windows solution.

Now I’m up and running with my 2 favourite extensions -

and I even managed it with a few drinks on-board!

Cheers (or Sláinte as we say here :shamrock: )

.sjb

2 Likes

If you have a Windows machine running 24/7, then running the extensions in a virtual machine is a nice solution.

BTW my request for including version 1.0 of the Extension Manager in DietPi has just been excepted. It is planned for the 7.2 release.

5 Likes

Just curious why this was marked as “Deprecated” ?

This Windows solution installs the old 0.11 version of the Extension Manager, which no longer receives updates. For those who want to stay up to date I advice to upgrade to version 1.1:

1 Like

How do I autostart roon extension on windows?

Can you give example how to run basictask. I do not get app.js to start when in taskchedular

There are other task type’s available within the scheduler, a basic task may not be appropriate, a quick google for “Windows Task Scheduler” should give you all you need and more …