Roon Extension : RHEOS 2-way control & 192Hz/24bit Playback and Grouping on Denon/Marantz HEOS devices now in Extension Manager

This is most likely to be a UPnP issue and not under my control in the app.

You might want to vary the UPnP experimental settings and see what occurs. I haven’t really explored that fully and use what works for me.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter

Peter,

With the new version (0.8.4-6) It looks like the power buttons are working consistently now. I am able to power on and power off two receivers as expected. The volume on receivers is still not working. Powered (150, 250, 350) speakers work correctly.

My hope is that multiple receivers within groups will be able to automatically power up with volume control on all members of the group.

Thanks Kent.

Just to be clear the volumes for receiver zones don’t work at all or only don’t work when grouped with other receivers or devices?

On the one receiver that I have, they work fine. I will look at the code - but am going to be away for a few days so the next release may not be until the New Year.

Best

Peter

Also could you remove and reinstall from extension manger please and see if this persists once you add all the controls back?

@peter_richardson Correct, no volume control on receivers (one or more). The powered speakers work correctly.

Uninstall and reinstall doesn’t seem to make a difference

Thank you.

And you are seeing something like this for the receiver?

This will only show if the receiver is turned on (please check the physical status - either with either the HEOS app or on the receiver itself).

You should also check that if you are using a custom RHEOS volume control you attach this to the AVR that is not shown as a Zone and is permanently there rather than appearing and disappearing as the zones are powered on. If another volume control is attach to these they will not function. This has caused a similar problem for another user. - I probably need to re write the instructions as this is still a little confusing, I think.

The last option to try is to make sure you have no “ghost” processes running - easiest is to power down and swich of you pi/NAS and restart everything .

Hopefully, this will sort it out , as I cant see anything in the code that should interfere with the volume control but I will investigate when I am back if not successful with the above.

Best

Peter

The power controls are working in Roon with two receivers. Basically, this is the same way that the HEOS works. Manually powering up the receivers.

Yes- and do you get volume control for each zone when powered on?

@peter_richardson I do get the volume controls, but they are not working from Roon, HEOS works correctly.

Hello all, hope all is well. I’m fairly new to Roon and started messing with extensions. Is there maybe a video somewhere that showsRHEOS being used and/or set up in the Roon extensions tab?

No video - but this is a good place to start.

1 Like

And then :notes:
The extension you need to look for in Extension Manager is under “Device Control” - Extension “Rheos”.

Make sure you are folllwing the instructions to use the latest Extension Manager Version 1.1.2 Roon Extension Manager 1.x (currently at v1.1.2)

Select “Download and” then “Start”.

1 Like

I did that. Just wondering how it should show up to use it. Maybe I did something wrong. I’ll have to check tonight after work.

OK let me know how I can help.

Remember to enable squeezeplayers … and each of them that show up on discovery.

The rest should be self explanatory .

Peter

1 Like

Hmm I maybe did not do that. Thanks. I’ll try tonight.

Kent,

I’ve taken a deeper look at this and what I see when I test is that using the zone controls from the RHEOS app the correct changes to volume are shown on the receiver. When the physical volume is changed for main zone or zone 2 this is reflected in the RHEOS app. However when I change the physical volume this is not reflected in the HEOS app. Using the Marantz/Denon AVR control app the changes are reflected correctly.

Could you take a look at your receivers please and let me know what you see in the values reflected in the receiver display and when you change the volume using the volume control. It seems there is some disconnect between the HEOS app and what the receiver does.This may not be something I can control What I have in my system is that the RHEOS app changes the volume on the receiver .as expected.

Please let me know what you find.

Peter

PS Resetting the receiver (hold down the powe button) also seems to have an effect of reconnecting HEOS volume with the physical volume - please see what this does for you …

1 Like

Yup. I did not enable squeezbox. Now it works! The volume doesn’t change though

On what?

If you’d like help I am happy to do so but I need some information please.

2 Likes

I think I’m all set. When I changed volume in Roon nothing happened. I found settings to make the volume fixed and I just use my harmony remote to control the volume of my Marantz anyways. So as far as my use I’m good to go! Thank you for all the help!

1 Like