Roon has been constantly scanning database for weeks now

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core: Ubunutu Studio 20.04/ Remote: iPad/Roon 1.7 (Build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Combination of Ethernet, Wifi and fiber optics

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Linux music server (HQP and Roon server, Sonore opticalRendu (HQP NAA), Synology NAS (music storage)

Description Of Issue

The blue spinning circle in the top right menu bar has been going almost non-stop for weeks now. Everything works in that I can play music just can’t figure why it is always scanning files.

Think there was a kernel update that was mentioned to fix this.

Thanks for the tip. I followed the instruction to update kernel but I seem to be stuck at Linux 5.4.0-53-lowlatency. I tried the bash method as well as downloading the three 5.10 files and installing them but still have the issue.

Any further suggestions?

Update: changed to NFS to connect NAS to my Linux server and now no spinning blue circle.

@Dylan any thoughts as to why the NFS route worked? @Eric_Underwood how did you enter the address for the share? was it the usual smb://etc or just \host\etc or something else

I had to “mount” my Synology NAS folder to my Linux server using NFS using these instructions:

This was discussed at:

Once Roon reread my database, no more spinning blue circle.

I also had to change my Roon backup connection to the NAS which was easy to do once the “mount” was made.

OK thats interesting but for me my Music share is on a W10 PC and I doubt there is much I can do as even if I move the Music back to my NAS, my Core is on a Nucleus but I have a similar issue with ROCK. I tried a MAC core and it didnt have this issue either so maybe its a RoonOS issue or Linux based Roon Server gremlin.

Sorry can’t help you with a Win10 computer.

This whole issue, from what I can tell, is specific to Linux OS. I don’t have any experience with the RoonOS but would guess it is Linux based.

Good luck to you and thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.