Roon hijacking iOS volume [Ticket In]

Hi @benjamin did you manage to get an update on this problem?

Thanks in anticipation :pray:t4:

Hey @PixelPopper,

Thanks for checking in! Yes, we were able to discuss this issue at the end of last week. This issue has since been marked as a high priority and was added to the queue of bugs to be corrected as soon as possible.

I will keep you all in the loop when we have it ready to be released :pray:

1 Like

Hi there @benjamin, what is the status of this bug?

Regards Mike

Please update on this issue indeed. It is very annoying having to lower the volume of my iPhone 4 or 5 times per day.

On both my iPhone 14 Pro and iPad Pro, turning on ā€œEnable Lock Screen Controlsā€ solved this volume reset issue.

Thatā€™s not an option for me. Itā€™s to easy to accidentally raise volume to not so fun levels (been there a few times). There is a reason for that feature to be in beta and the warning message when you enable it.

Right. You have to set volume limits if you go that route. That has worked out OK for me, but obviously this is something that needs to be fixed by the developer.

Tried that before and didnā€™t work,
I think it sucks that Roon canā€™t fix this issue. It is very annoying.
No app I have is behaving like this.

I think I had the same issue with Spotify and Sonos?

cannot say for Spotify, donā€™t use it, but Sonos no issues whatsoever.

Bummer. It does seem surprising this hasnā€™t been fixed. Hopefully soonā€¦

Hey @Mike_de_Munck and others running into this issues,

I donā€™t have much more to report on at this time, unfortunately. This issue is still in our development queue, and is still very much a high priority.

I wish I had more to share, you all have been extremely patient while waiting on a solution. I can assure you it hasnā€™t been forgotten. :pray:

Good to hear, as it is a very, very annoying issue. And its not that Roon is free software or soā€¦.

1 Like

Any news @benjamin ?

Itā€™s really annoying playing loud videos on instagram because Roon upped the volume to the maxā€¦ :upside_down_face:

open/close isnā€™t only triggering the volume bump to 100%, it is enough to just switch between apps back and forth to the Roon IOs appā€¦
Happens 100% of the time.

Hey @Robert_Brugman,

Thanks for the nudge. I donā€™t have any updates to share on my end quite yet. Have you set up the volume automation as a temporary workaround while we continue to work on an official fix?

This has affected me previously but at some point and quite a while back, for some strange reason it stopped blasting my ipad and iphoneā€™s volume to 100%.

The other day, the remote on my iphone started being rather temperamental and I ended up deleting and reinstalling itā€¦

Now every time I use it and then go back to other apps on my iphone, the volume goes again to 100% :exploding_head:

It is annoying. Try this workaround.

1 Like

Cheers matey.

I am aware of the workaround but should not have to jump through so many hoops to use Roon :neutral_face:

This is also an issue which has been reported by many long long time ago.

2 Likes

@RBO this and the iOS scrolling issue keep you alive on the Room forums.
If Roon fixes them both I am not sure we would see you anymore :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like