Roon Interface was too dark

Only after upgraded to Roon 1.7, I am also having the same color issue; M/B Gigabyte Z77MX-D3H, CPU Intel Core i7-2600S and its integrated GPU, Mitsubishi RDT272WLM monitor. Roon before 1.7 and JRiver MC 25, as well as Google Chrome have no such color issue at all on the same PC system. Consequently, this color issue is specific to Roon 1.7.

The OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

This issue is happening both in HDMI and D-SUB connections to the monitor.

For your info, and very interestingly, I do not have the color issue on my another PC-WS system;
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Roon 1.7, ASUS X99E-WS, Intel XEON E5-2630 v3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.

Maybe, the issue is somewhat specific for Roon 1.7 on Windows 10 (Pro 64 bit) with Intel’s CPU-integrated graphics, I may guess.

Not
sure if it’s related, a while back the album art was washed out compared with local jpg files ?

Hello Mike,
Just same as the issue reported by CHIEN and JAN, the strange color problem is universal for all the album cover images given by jpeg in local music files, and also given by Roon’s cloud database. This issue, therefore, should be caused by some minor “graphic environment recognition” error(s) of Roon 1.7, I guess.

Hi, @Makoto_Azuma, sorry for a late reply here. I added the info you posted to the investigation ticket for our developers. Hope we will have a solution for it soon.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hello @Makoto_Azuma,

I wanted to reach out to you because in our previous release (build 521), we made a few changes which should have helped with this behavior and I wanted to see if it helped you as well.

Are you still seeing this behavior on your end or has this been resolved? Are there any other saturation issues that you’re experiencing after this latest build? If you are experiencing any other issues with displaying colors, can you please share a screenshot of the behavior you’re seeing?

Thank you.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Interface Too Dark

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.