Roon is importing, but is stuck/spinning

Sorry for the delay in answering. I just realized you had responded on Monday. Thank you for your time and input. Hopefully smooth sailing going forward. I do love Roon!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I am so frustrated with Roon! I open app and it shows all albums (1971). Then, methodically, it starts subtracting out albums so that 600 or so are left. Getting versions that I have on Tidal also disappears or endlessly circles. All music is stored on QNAP NAS. Network/router is Verizon. This has been going on for at least a month. I have written before and thought problem was cleared up…NOT!

I assume this is the original thread?

Probably best to ask #support to reopen this topic.

Yes, this is the original thread. Right now doing library maintenance in hopes cleaning up will do something. It has been in cleaning mode for 30 minutes…and still “cleaning”…

Can you explain what you’re doing? Are you moving files around on the QNAP?

No. Under library maintenance, I checked off the three choices and I am sitting her waiting for the clean up to complete. I am hoping when this is done, my library problem mentioned in the beginning thread will resolve.

It sure would be helpful for someone to come here, sit down at my computer and figure out what the heck is going on! My interface is a Dell PC with Windows 10. I was thinking if I got a Roon Nucleus my problems may go away…or not🙁

How long can library maintenance/cleaning take?

I rarely run this. Just tried and removing 65 files was near instantaneous. Do you recall how many entries needed to be cleaned up?

Out of interest, what specification is your Dell PC running Roon Core? Also, how is it connected to your home network?

Clean up 819 deleted files, clean up 9798 files that are not associated with a storage location and clean up 16864 files that are associated with disabled storage locations. However, clean up stopped and did nothing! Should I do it again?

Also, signed out of Tidal account and showing 1263 non- Tidal albums. With Tidal “active” , shows 1971 albums and then starts subtracting down to 600 or so. With Tidal not active, up in the right hand corner, the circle is endlessly spinning. When I put the mouse pointer over this, the box says “Adding Music To Library: Of 24 tracks, 0 added, 0 identified “. Just endlessly spinning. I have access to all my non- Tidal albums, but when I activate Tidal, things devolve!

How do I get rid of the 24 tracks…if they are the problem? How do I identify them?

Dell Inspiron 3847
Intel Core i5-4460 CPU@3.20GHz
12.0 GB RAM
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10

Would changing Roon Core from Dell PC to a Roon Nucleus help with this problem?

Dell PC connected hardwired via Ethernet via Verizon router

No. What you’ve got seems like a perfectly adequate system.

What kind of speeds do you get upload/download from your Verizon connection? Maybe that’s the problem.

I’d agree. But, I’m more concerned with the following:

That’s pretty much your entire library. Can you share your Settings > Storage screen?

I think that relates to an old Buffalo NAS which I disconnected and replaced with the QNAP

Upload 82.7
Download 85.0

Done from my IPAD

This has been the setting for quite some time. Since I switched to QNAP NAS from Buffalo NAS. Never a problem before. The Buffalo NAS has been disconnected for about two years!