Roon is not adding music folder

Good evening,

My system is up and running perfect. Friends were over last weekend are were impressed with Roon. So this week I got them to purchase the same QNAP NAS I have. I set it up and loaded some music on to the NAS. Got them to a trial account and logged in, core is running I see no issues there. But when I go to add music it will not search the folder specified.

Any help would be appreciated

Do a forced rescan in Settings==>Storage.

1 Like

Doesnt solve the problem

Either the new folder needs to be added as a watched folder, or it needs to be a child of an existing watched folder.

Hi Paul, one thing to check is that when you create a shared folder on your NAS that you create a subfolder. Call it whatever you want eg. Music, then a further subfolder eg. Artists and load your music files in there. This may not help but worth a try.

Can you post a screenshot of Settings/Storage

Scot, Its a mirrored copy off my other NAS. Even trying to monitor a folder in a folder doesnt work.

Folder is added but does not populate Mike

That’s a pity. Might be worthwhile uploading a screenshot of your Settings/Storage as Protyreus said.

Can you explain it more for me please. IDK why it is being a PITA as I just copied the same folder from 1 NAS to another. Basic stuff ROOT/MULTIMEDIA/MUSIC/A-Z folders.

In your Roon software where you play music, please go to menu, click on „Settings“ and then please post a screenshot of your „General“ and „Library“ tabs

I assume that you have set up the same permissions for sharing files and folders over the network on the second NAS as you have done for the first?

2 Likes

RESOLVED

Did a hardware reset on QNAP and now is working as it should.

Thanks for all the input.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.