Roon + KEF LSX Issues

I’m new to Roon and so far all looks. Was wondering though if this release attempted to address some of the issues I’ve been having with Roon:

1. Roon “has lost control of the device”?
  2. The eternal wait between pressing the play button on my mac and hearing the music out of my Kef LSX speakers?
  3. The glitches or stuttering in playback?

What server are you using, these issues seem particular to that, pausing sound, cutouts. It sounds like processing, lower your dsp settings or get a more powerful server that’s partnered with roon

Hi @Brian2019,

I have split up your post from the feedback thread so I can better assist you here. Can you let me know some more information regarding your setup by using this thread as a guide?

Some useful info here would be (but is not limited to):

• Core model/manufacturer + specs
  • How the LSX speakers are connected to the network (Ethernet/WiFi)
  • How the LSX are connected to each-other (Ethernet Link or WiFi Link)
  • If the behavior is the same when they are connected both via Ethernet to each-other and also to the network
  • Model/manufacturer of your networking gear
  • If this issue occurs for all types of sample rates or just higher quality (96kHz+) sample rates
  • Delay in seconds for when pressing play and the sound actually coming out

Thanks,
Noris

What server are you using

Macbook Pro on OS X 10.11.6; 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 8 Gig RAM; 1T SSD.

Fyi, doesn’t seem to make a difference what machine. Trying to run Roon off another more powerful machine that runs on OS X 10.13.6 but has a 500 gig SSD does not seem to make a difference.

I doubt it’s processing, as you suspect. I also used to think it’s processing, esp when playing 196/24 audio. Just to test, I was recently surprised to get the same stuttering when playing mp3! If it was processing I’d get the same issues playing the same music say on Vox or Pure Music but I don’t.

what DSP settings are you getting dropouts in. I have antipodes audio dx latest version, i can have a cutout in dsd128, dsd 64 no issues or any pcm rate. Im no engineer but processing speed or slowness will cause issues.

Hi @Brian2019,

Thanks for providing that Core info. Can you please take a look over the other suggestions I noted and let me know if they help at all? Also, are you using the latest KEF firmware? You can check this in the KEF Control App.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.