Roon lost control of the audio device.. (KEF LSX)

Hello, I am experiencing sporadic instances of ‘Roon lost control of the audio device’ error. I have a simple setup with an Innuos server and the LSX both hardwired to the same switch. My music is on a NAS. All same subnet and never any issues with Roon detecting the LSX in ‘Audio’ page. Everything is sync’d fine like volume control but once in a while when I change tracks, it will cause the connection to choke and stop working, only when I reboot both LSX and my server then it’ll work again. Firmware is up to date. I imagine it is a LSX issue rather than my Roon server, since my other zones always work fine. When I say choke I mean Roon will show playing (except waveform stays at 0:00) but eventually throw the Roon lost control of the audio device’ error. Is there something I’m missing w/ the LSX pairing?

Any idea what the issue is?

Hello @jfx,

We have some changes coming for KEF LSX speakers in our next release that should help a bit with these issues but can you please expand a bit further on this issue? Do you have the KEF Stream app open in the background? Does this issue occur only after seeking through a song several times? What is your router and switch model/manufacturer?

Thanks,
Noris

Hey! Thought i’d chime in as I have the same issue.

• I don’t have the stream app open in the background
  • This happens particularly when skipping a lot of songs in quick succession, and seems to linger after that
  • I have Google Wifi (to which the LSX are connected via 5Ghz); Server (Mac Mini) is ethernet to the router

Hope that helps somewhat

Same problem with me but only sporadically (iMac and KEF LSX) and as yet I cannot pinpoint the reason. Last time (yesterday) I restarted the Nucleus server software via the web interface and everything went straight back to normal. Perhaps I am old enough to have grown up with occasional glitches and bugs in software that I don’t expect everything to be perfect all the time. Sometimes things don’t work and suddenly they do again. I used to puzzle about how that could happen but now I just have other things to worry about.

Hi @abadr/@Philip_Murray,

Thank you for the reports. As I mentioned, we have a few changes in this area coming up that should help with this issue. We were able to reproduce mainly when seeking through tracks multiple times in a row and the devs have made some improvements in this area in our next release.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: KEF LSX Pops and crackles

A post was split to a new topic: KEF LSX unstable after multiple skips

Additional stability fixes for this issue have been deployed in our last Roon update (b401), if you are still experiencing problems with KEF playback please open a new topic.