Roon not picking up new release from Qobuz

Roon 1.7 Build 571; iMac 10.15.6
TEXT GOES HERE

Ethernet and wifi
TEXT GOES HERE

Linn (but the problem exists on my iMac as well)

Qobus stand-alone app is picking up the new Taylor Swift album, Folklore. But Roon is not capturing it, either on my core machine (iMac) or on the iPad app.

Has been discussed a douzend time already… Roon Sync does take its time. you wont see new albums immediatly.

Thanks for letting me know. Strikes me that if people regularly ask about this, it might be a flaw Roon should look at removing.

By the way, the album has been out for over 24 hours now; all streaming services have it; Roon is indeed tediously slow on this.

Yep, they are…

It’s great to hear from another user, but would anyone from Roon support care to contribute? Album still not available. What’s going on guys?

Weekend :grinning:. No, they have just commented on this yesterday. Dont expect repetitve replies if you ask the same stuff again :smirk: Searching first helps.

It’s a surprisingly good album.

Hardly customer friendly! Dig around yourself to see why it’s not working…If the problem is this persistent, you would have thought they could cut and paste an excuse pretty quickly.

Great reviews in everything from the Sun to the Financial Times. Hence my interest in hearing it.

You can listen on the Qobuz app until it shows up in Roon. It’s already in Roon via Tidal.

Thanks Jim. I am indeed bypassing Roon and listening via Qobuz.

1 Like

If you need to be spoon-fed, here you go…

1 Like

I’m afraid I do need to be “spoon fed”. I suspect many others Also have better things to do than hunt down the answers to their questions, when these days you really expect product providers to be user-friendly.
Thank you for taking the trouble to find the answer for me. Pity Roon didn’t do it.

Roon did and posted that answer.

Not to me, Jim.

Unfortunately due to the more integrated approach Roon use for their library it’s not just using API to get updated releases from services which all other software do. Roons approach is very different they have to get a full database dump as they call it or you just won’t get the Roon level of integration. This means that some albums that drop latter get missed out on what they get given from Qobuz and Tidal until they get the next one. It’s frustrating I know and would be great to see an improvement but don’t think it’s possible in the current model.

Hi @Chris_Matthews,

See my post here:

As noted in our KB:

When you’re browsing TIDAL/Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s TIDAL database, not a direct pass through of what’s shown on TIDAL/Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind TIDAL/Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated multiple times per week, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff, and will show up in a day or two.

Unfortunately, surprise releases like this tend to be impacted the most, but it should be available soon!

It’s now available.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.