Roon not stop playing music

Hey, very strange problem here with Roon Desktop and NAD M17. I listen to music then I stop the music and change the input channel on my NAD M17 but after a few seconds Roon is setting it back to the Roon input channel and the music suddenly start to play. This also happens when I close the Roon app completely on my iMAC. The music starts to play after a few seconds… very creepy actually.

This is not happening on the iOS app.

System: iMAC, Server is QNAP NAS

Please help @support

Anyone has an idea?

It may be worth checking if Roon Radio is on or off. See below -

I checked but Radio is not the problem. It seems like it has something to do with the Queue. Music stops when the Queue is empty if it is still full than the input channel keeps switching back.

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

So we can better assist you, please describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you describe how you are stopping playback? Are you manually pausing the tracks? Has playback stopped on its own? Were there more tracks in the queue?

Hello:

Hardware:
iMAC - Running Roon Control
QNAP NAS - Running Roon Server (Core)
iPAD - Running Roon Control
Amplifier - NAD M17
Network - Combination of Wireless and Wired but QNAP to NAD is wired.

I stop manually the playback at the iMAC (see screenshot). As you can see there is only one track in the queue, so my initial hypothesis didn’t confirm. If I switch channels now e.g. XBOX it will switch back to Roon after a few seconds and the music starts again where it left off.

EDIT: Both the Roon Control on iPAD and iMAC are closed but the music keeps playing.

In this screen shot you have one item playing and radio is ready to start.

To STOP playback are you toggling the pause/play button in the bottom left of the screen ? This is what actually stops playback.

Just closing the app does not stop playback of a zone.

If Roon is auto-switching your system to the Roon input then that might be odd one for @support to look at.

Yes I do toggle pause/ play in the bottom left of the screen

Btw I found out when the queue is empty the problem doesn’t occur.

It also doesn’t matter if the queue is filled with songs or radio is running. As long something is in the queue the problem is there.

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

In the screenshot you shared it looks like the music is still playing. If you pause playback and switch inputs does playback start again every time?

Yes correct, that is the main problem that the playback start over and over again after I pause a song and an input switch. Do note that only happens if there is music in the queue.

Maybe there is some space bar / key tap happening with a device that is having some issue (keyboard perhaps) though I i would expect this to be causing stopping and starting issues.

No that is 100% not the case.

An interesting issue. How about turning the zone off?

Captureoff

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at playback starts on it’s own. Then respond here with that time (and the track that was playing), and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hey @dylan

Track: NAS - Halftime - 20 seconds PAUSE -> Change Channel -> Automatically switch back to ROON and Track: NAS - Memory Lane starts automatically

Looking forward for a solution

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Thanks @Dylan I just activated the core

Hi @Jan_Reinmueller,

Thanks for your patience here while the team has looked into this. I spoke with the team about their findings, and they believe they’ve traced this issue to behavior stemming from the Core machine. The team has proposed a test that should give us some additional information here:

Can you temporarily use the iMac remote as your Roon Core and see if the same behavior occurs with this configuration?

Thanks!

Hey Dylan, for this test I believe I just need a only couple of songs copied to my iMac (do note that my complete library sits on the NAS), install the core on the iMac and point it to the folder structure on the iMac where the songs sits. Then test the whole thing, correct?

I can do this earliest Friday. Thanks for the support so far, will come back on this

Hello, I temporarily installed the Roon core on my iMac and I can confirm that the behavior does occur with the configuration.

Whats are we doing now @Dylan ?