Roon nucleus doesn't work as advertised

This Roon nucleus as I was sold is supposed to locate music files on my network including itunes. well i’m here to say it can’t even locate tunes on the device it’s loaded onto. yes I installed it and as a tidal streamer it works flawlessly, but that’s it. I expected more.:frowning:

Again, I read the thread on nucleus only sees tidal and I read the instructions and still don’t understand! PLEASE INFORM POTENTIAL BUYERS THEY MUST BE ABLE TO WRITE CODE TO GET THIS UNIT TO WORK!!!
IT IS NOT PLUG AND PLAY

I presume you are referring to the instructions below? They don’t seem to be too complicated, I managed to help someone this week and I don’t even use iTunes. Let us users know what you are having a problem with and I’m sure we can guide you through.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/iTunes

That is not true. However, one must be able to read and follow on-screen instructions. Have you filled in the location of your files?

seriously, for $100 a month we have to figure this out by ourselves?
I load the nucleus as instructed and get a couple notifications that there’s music files it can’t load?locate? something about the path.

what does that mean, location of my files? I didn’t hide them they’re in itunes

itunes and windows media

If you could be more specific about what you are trying to do and what messages you are seeing it will help a lot.
As a side question did you buy your Nucleus from a dealer? I believe they are supposed to give assistance to their customers.
Not sure where the $100 a month bit comes in but let’s work on getting you going.

You need to enter the information about where they are physically so that Roon will access them. What drive/directory/etc.?

(iTune and WM are applications that play files, as is Roon. You need to indicate where the music is located.)

BTW, an earlier post indicated the location of instructions for setting up Roon but, if I remember correctly, there also should be on-screen guidance at the first time you turn on Roon.

I’m trying to play music thats on the laptop that roon is loaded on and the server can’t locate the files, files that are in itunes.

I figure if the software cant find music it’s parked right next to, I have no chance of it finding music anywhere else on my network.

As you can tell i’m frustrated

Roon does not know where to look for those files until you indicate where they are. See under “Settings” / “Storage.”

been there. 1 pc has windows 7 pro and the other has windows 8 I have no idea what version of safari is in the mac but much of the musis is managed by itunes and i’m not allowed to rename that path to the path the software is naming

And what did you enter?

First of all, you dont “load Nucleus” anywhere…
A Nucleus is a hardware device which acts as Roon Core and Roon Bridge. It needs to be connected to the same network as where your files are shared. (Unless your Nucleus was ordered with internal storage added, in which case you need to migrate yout music files to its internal storage)

Other than the Nucleus you need a Roon Control, which can be installed on a tablet, smart phone or a computer.

Now that we have done some basics, can you elaborate on your setup, please? Just yapping about what crap this Roon thing is won’t get you any nice answers…

I get \discstation music not available I’ve had this for a few months and it apparently needs me to go in and rename my file paths but my pc isn’t letting me.

windows 7pro on 1 pc windows 8 on another the imac has some version of safari I bought the $1500 nucleus unit that does a wonderful job of streaming tidal

AND BEING MY FIRST DAY POSTING I can’t post anymore today, tho it is allowing me to edit. so I posted my system on previous posts.

[Moderated]

No the drop down window doesn’t see any of my devices even though I can launch roon from any device I have.

Is that in response to typing in “\discstation?” I do not think that is a valid directory path.

Are you actually using a Nucleus which is a small server box made by Roon or are you trying to run Roon by installing it on one of your own devices?

Can you view a directory listing of the physical device on which your files sit?

Can the drop-down on “Storage” find the physical device on which your files sit?

I think we need a clear description of what computer hardware you are using.

This isn’t true and there’s no reason to shout. People will help, even without the attitude.

You pay $100 a month?:face_with_raised_eyebrow: You’re getting ripped off.

See this as a way to report problems and get useful help -