Roon Nucleus plus doesn't boot

Hello there.

I have a problem with my Roon Nucleus+ (rev B 1Tb). It’s stopped working recently. Power button is lightning, connected screen flashing for a second, but the player is not booting. I can’t connect to it via network and nothing is on the display.
I can’t bring it to any roon dealer unfortunately. As far as I understand, this can be some problem with SSD. Can I replace it by my self, as it described at this topic:

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the community, @Alex_Terechov.

If the Nucleus is less than two year’s old, you can have the NVMe SSD replaced under warranty. However, I’d expect to see a POST message on the display as shown in the thread you linked.

Did you purchase through a dealer or directly from Roon?

If you have an HDMI cable connected, try unplugging that and rebooting. My Nucleus+ would not boot with HDMI connected and required a BIOS update.

1 Like

It was about 2 years ago. Bought it from a dealer. So I’m not sure it’s still on a warranty. Need to check.

The display says “No signal”. The same with Samsung TV, checked several different HDMI cables as well.

The same result - can’t connect to it

Will be glad to discuss any suggestions @support

Hi @Alex_Terechov ,

Is there any way you can find the purchase date from a receipt?

It appears that you are located outside the United States, so in this case an RMA is only possible through your Roon dealer.

You can try to perform a CMOS battery reset, this has sometimes helped bring motherboards back to life, there is a video below:

Important - please ensure you apply thermal paste at the end, otherwise the unit can overheat.

Hi @noris
Thanks for your response. I have tried to perform CMOS battery reset twice. Nothing changed, it doesn’t boot

Hey @Alex_Terechov ,

Sorry to hear the CMOS didn’t help. In this case, it sounds like the unit will need a motherboard replacement, which would have to be facilitated through your Roon dealer or through your local area Roon distributor.

I would reach out to your dealer first and see if they can assist with this, but if not, let me know via private message (click my name here → message) and I can check to see if we have someone who can assist in your area. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.