Roon performance terribly slow since v 2 build 1221

@benjamin - thanks for the feedback - but, this suggestion is not an acceptable option to be honest (for various reasons, I do not care to share)…

In the meantime: Of all the sluggish performances, all those related to editing or filtering tracks are still annoyingly happening.

Q: Are there any of the tipps and workarounds mentioned in this thread by other roon community members realistically something I should try?

@benjamin - any feedback on this?

@benjamin or anyone? Hello?

When there is no new information there is no new information. What would it help to go around and repost “I have no new information” in various threads? They are understaffed in support as it is

@Suedkiez — I can tell you why:
At the end of each thread it says “This topic will close a month after the last reply.” I do not want to have this been closed without having a solution to the problem. And the last statement of roon staff was more than one month ago.
I do hope that my frustration is understandable. Also, where else to shout out my huge disappointment? Given that I’ve paid the lifetime license I even cannot say “I stop payment” or something.

Threads can be reopened at any time by simply sending a personal message to a moderator. If wanting to avoid closing, a simple “posting to avoid closing, issue persists” does it.

prefer it my way - thanks anyway

I hope it brings success

Totally frustrated and disappointed by the extremely slow performance of roon handling large databases

I am using:

Roon Nucleus | Serial #54B2039B7FF1 | Version 1.0 (build 259)
Roon Server Software Version 2.0 (build 1311)
Internal Music Storage 4000GB, WDC WDS400T1R0A | 30% of 3696 GB available
Networking Gear: Fritz!Box 7590 | m-net
Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
Connected to Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra (which is connected to marantz PM7008).

Description of Issue:
Roon is terribly slow in displaying my list of tracks, applying filters, editing tracks or albums - it takes up to one minute to see certain filters in “My Tracks” library in Roon for instance.
I do have this issue since March (see here) and no one at the roon support team seems to be able to help me out here.
We’ve ruled out that the local internet/broadband services are responsible for the issue. We’ve also ruled out that there are one or more defect data in my database that cause the trouble…

Does anyone in the community have similar issues?
I am desperately looking for any hint how to solve this problem (other than the roon support team member’s suggestion to delete half of my own database and use Tidal instead).

All the best
Michael

1 Like

You can try the workaround described below or anything similar.
I don’t think it will completely solve your problem, but I think it will improve the situation.

Yes, I have similar issues and many others do as well. I am on a Nucleus+ with upgraded RAM, system SSD, and an internal 8TB SSD. Over 95,000 tracks. I have several artists with over 1000 tracks, including one with 13,000 tracks. I also have several Tags that have 1000 or more tracks including one with 10,000 tracks.

I believe that the problem has to do with artists having large numbers of tracks and tags with large numbers of tracks.

It’s very frustrating, although at least they seem to acknowledge its an issue.

1 Like

Searching in MyTracks is still painfully show even after the build 1353 update today.

1 Like

I’m curious. Who’s that? Must be close to 1,000 albums.

Bruce Springsteen. Multiple iterations of the official releases plus about 500 live recordings. ~650 albums in total if you include all the others he has appearances on. Bob Dylan is up there too.

Still wondering what Roon is doing to address the poor performance issues. In particular, searching and filtering in large libraries and general navigation of the app.

Interestingly, when I use ARC, similar searches are very fast and I don’t have any of the same performance issues. So there is something very different about the original Roon app vs. ARC that is causing the issues.

Interesting! I do not use ARC, so I cannot confirm. Wondering if anyone else can second this?
@benjamin — anything from your side on this whole meandering issue that is so so so annoying …?

1 Like

Not for me. Searches like “the the” take the same time on ARC as Roon remote, but I think that is because they fail and then fall back to local (non cloud) search

I do generally perceive that ARC results return slightly quicker for the same search, but the difference is not huge

Hi @HeavyMetalDrummer and @Michael_Putz,

Please note there is a fix already in testing over in the Early Access category. If interested, you can follow these steps to move your RoonServer and Remotes to early access.

Otherwise, rest assured the team is working on the issue and will release a fix in the next upcoming release. Thank you!

1 Like

@Benjamin thanks so much for the update - I will wait patiently for the next release.

@Benjamin Just an FYI, I updated to 2.0.26 build 1357 and search performance is still unbearably slow. Especially when searching/filtering in My Tracks.