Roon radio on ARC only plays artist on whom the station was started

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Playing Roon ARC using the iOS app on my iPhone.

Started Roon Radio by searching for artist, tapping ellipsis in upper right corner, selecting “start radio”, music starts playing but only plays that artist.

Letting it run only plays that artist.

Skipping forward only skips to another song by that artist. I’ve searched and found instances of this in the past but not recently.

Is this a known issue?

It’s certainly not an issue for me, and works well.

What artists have you used to seed radio?

Something like this was reported before, not sure if it was supposed to be resolved:

Well, it tried it with three different artists, and the same behavior occurred with each: Aldous Harding, Wilco, and Fleet Foxes. The radio function worked fine with Roon Arc a week ago; this is new, at least for me.

Hi @Laertes,

Are you still experiencing issues with Roon Radio on the more recent ARC builds? The team is standing by to investigate diagnostics and pinpoint the issue, if so.

Thank you!

Sorry; missed your response.

Yes, this issue still persists. I have tried it starting with an artist heavily represented in my library, but also did it with the Rolling Stones (only because I don’t have any of their music in my library) and it does the same thing in both circumstances. My workflow was to search for the Rolling Stones, click on their artist page, then click the ellipsis in the upper right corner and select “Start Radio”. When I do that (and I just tested it again seconds ago) it plays me only Rolling Stones songs. I’ve tested it with multiple other artists, both those in my library and those not in the library, and the same thing happens; it only plays that band’s songs.

It does the same thing whether I’m at home on my network or in my car doing it over cell data.

I’m using Roon Arc on an iPhone 13. RoonARC 1.0(177). ROCK 1.0.36 build 177.

Thanks for looking into this. The Roon radio function is the whole reason I subscribe to Roon, and this functionality not working is really frustrating. Appreciate your efforts.

I did some more playing around with this, and I think I figured it out. If you start Roon radio by doing ANYTHING other than the way I did it, it works fine and plays the usual variety of artists. But if you do it the way I was doing it (by searching for an ARTIST, then opening their page and clicking the “…” in the upper right, and starting radio there) it will only play tracks from that artist.

If you search for and start playing an album, once the album is finished it will start Roon radio and play varying artists. If you search for a track, go to the album on which that track resides, find the track on the album, click the “…” to the right of the track, and select Roon radio, it will play varying artists.

So basically Roon radio works as intended in all circumstances EXCEPT when you start Roon radio from an artist’s main page.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

This is exactly my issue too. It happens only with arc the rest works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.