Roon Radio Problem

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

TEXT GOES HERE

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue

I have the toggle set to “Start after the music ends” but it doesn’t just start playing. When the CD I’m playing ends, a Roon Radio window opens with a thumbs up or down, I need to hit thumbs up then hit the play button. It used to just start playing without any interaction required.

Hi @JeffS,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you experience the same behavior if you select the Roon Radio option for an album rather than letting it start when the queue finishes?

Thanks Dylan I was just leaving the house, will do that when I return.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble starting Radio

I don’t know how to select the Roon Radio option for an album. All I know is when something is playing, whether an album or some tracks I put in the queue, select the Queue button lower right, then in the Roon Radio screen that appears, set to yes the toggle for Start After Music Ends.

I experience same behavior whether it’s an album playing or tracks in queue.

Core: SonicTransporter i7 For Roon DSP
Network: Motorola cable modem, Apple Time Capsule router, Ethernet to TrendNet switch, Ethernet to SonicTransporter, Ethernet to UltraRendu, USB to DAC
DAC: PS Audio Directstream
Preamp: Aesthetix Calypso
Amp: Mivera Audio Purepower SE

Hi @JeffS,

You can start Radio by clicking the arrow next to Play Now and clicking the Roon Radio icon:

Does doing so result in the same behavior?

Hi @dylan,

Thanks that works. And the other way I described using Radio seems to work fine now also. Not sure what happened but all good now!

Jeff

With no changes on my end, Roon Radio streaming Qobuz now works. Thank you. Just curious about whether something was awry at the Roon end. Don’t really care and am happy it is working now. Roon Radio takes me into the best musical spaces an algorithm has ever taken me to. Nicely done.

Best,

Bill

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.