Roon Radio: Unexpected Error limiting radio to library

Me too. Best advice Roon?

Same problem here.

@support Having the same issue with Tidal today, the music stops where the Roon Radio would kick in yesterday.

Hope the function comes back back alive soon!

Seems all to be working now :grinning:

Same here, clearing Roon Server Cache helped. But I fear it will come back. @support

It would be good to understand what happened . . . @support

Oh well, back to good old reliable BubbleUPnP…

Still getting the ‘unexpected error’ message and fallback to library behavior.

I see numerous other reports of streaming connectivity problems.

Has anyone from roon acknowledged these reports, explained what’s going on, or stated they are aware and working on it?

Same problem this evening.

Same for me roon radio throwing error

Started working for me about 1/2 hr ago.

Anybody else?

Cheers, Greg

Yes working fine now.

After restarting rock, it now works.

Working for me now. (Tidal, US.)

Same here, in UK, radio now making picks from Qobuz without throwing errors. Qobuz releases on Roon seems to still be lagging behind what I see in Qobuz’ own app, but that is not surprising and doesn’t bother me too much.

Qobuz via Roon working fine again here in Belgium.
Great job of the Roon support team getting this outage solved in a reasonable time (especially during the weekend)
Dirk

It’s been a long “morning” spent fixing this. Things should be better now. Sorry for the lack of communication–we’ve had developers focused on the issue for many hours, but I wasn’t aware of this thread till a few minutes ago, when I finally got a chance to check messages for the first time today (I woke up straight into this problem).

Our database server ran into a major issue right about when our developers in NY were falling asleep. This wasn’t a straightforward problem that could be solved in the operations domain–we had to get a few developers working together on it (in US time zones) in order to figure out what was happening and why.

About 90 minutes ago, we deployed some new code with a workaround for the problem. There may be some residual effects as a backlog of work that was queued up while things were going wrong flushes through the systems. We will continue to monitor the situation through the weekend.

Our apologies for the turbulence. This is really not how things are supposed to go. We’ll be revisiting this next week to consider ways of making our systems more robust to this sort of thing in the future.

(For the technical people–at about 2AM local time, postgres’s query planner decided to re-think how it executes one of the Roon Radio queries in a way that made it 300 times slower than it was before, after a table’s row-count crept ever so slightly past an invisible threshold. Postgres then decided that hashing an 8mm element table on each query so that it can perform a hash join is a good optimization compared to ~2-3 primary key lookups against that table).

22 Likes

Efforts of the Roon team and your communications much appreciated @brian!

Thanks for the update @brian.
Appreciate satisfying the inner techy; this stuff has been known to happen.
Typically due to succes, which is the case here as well: radio 2.0 is awesome! You got us addicted to it fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

@brian thanks for the update and explanation. And for your team’s diligence in getting it fixed.

Funny how falling back to last week’s functionality caused such dismay. (And cool that the software is resilient enough to do that.) That suggests the new radio functionality is already a must have feature.