Roon Radio: Unexpected Error limiting radio to library

Nothing to do with RAAT. That’s the local stream in your premises.

Not half. (I wonder if that translates outside of UK?)

@brian
First of all: thanks to everyone who helped fix the problem and thank you for the technical clarification.

It’s a shame that this had to happen with the coolest new feature of version 1.6. Looking forward to a quiet sunday letting the new radio do its thing.

Alright fluff.

1 Like

Well done to the support team.

1 Like

Thank you and the team to solve / quick fix this right away on a weekend. How you still get some rest.

Hooray. I’m already addicted to Radio - it’s exactly what I’d hoped for, and now I can drop my Tidal subscription in favor of Qobuz.

1 Like

Had to look it up. But, yeah. :slight_smile:

Sorry to report that the problem has resurfaced . Radio limited to library error. It had started working for me again earlier

Actually, it just seems intermittent. Maybe still working out the problem. Thanks

It is still not working for me either.

CORRECTION: It seems to be working with most albums, it just happened that the first one i tried could not find similar suggestions (Anthony Ortega — New Dance! DSD256). Even in this case, it showed that message right away whereas with yesterday’s problem it took a few seconds.

@brian

Sounds like Oracle. :slight_smile: look into creating Baseline SQL Profiles this will prevent the query plan from changing unexpectedly.
Assume they added hints to the query to eliminate the hash join. Yep hash join is supposed to be faster according to the cost based optimizer, but I have not found it to be so.

Regards

:scream:!!!

1 Like

Working well today. I have to say I love the new Radio. It’s a great way to discover new stuff.

Addition some hours later: Not working again - spoke too soon :blush:

Mine is not working. I get “unexpected error” and Radio reverts to local library only.

Not working for me currently

Mine worked beautifully for about an hour this morning, but has now reverted to local library only (UK, Tidal)

Listening to a Qobuz playlist via Roon righat now. So problem is with Roon radio

Mine is broken again this morning too. It was working last night.

Finally decided to test the radio feature only to find it broken. Nice that roon already has a workaround fix in place. Also glad there was this separate thread.