Roon Ready Certification for WiiM

Spot on, Chromecast should really be first choice for using this with Roon, Airplay after that and hopefully within a couple of months there will be Roon Ready which gives three options available

1 Like

I agree wholeheartedly agree with what @Michael_Harris states

1 Like

Thanks for the heads upšŸ‘,still hoping for full RR soonšŸ¤ž

1 Like

Wiim just announced PRO is ROON Certified, firmware upgrade 6/30/23.

8 Likes

Nice! I was just thinking about that this morning.

Been waiting for this great news.
Can you please link to where you read this? Canā€™t see any mention on the Wiim site

It was posted in the WiiM Community Forums:

12 Likes

https://wiim.community.forum/threads/roon-ready.491/post-12833

2 Likes

Officially Roon Ready
:smirk:

1 Like

Great stuff! Very happy to read this news.

For those who canā€™t wait for the official firmware release, Wiim is giving early access to the beta version. You need to fill out a form:

5 Likes

I bought two today. Iā€™ve had one eye on a pair for a while as a way to play records in two zones simultaneously. Roon Ready sealed the deal. Exciting!

I just became Roon Ready, looking good!

Thank you!

5 Likes

I didnā€™t register for early access. I am glad it is working and looking forward to getting the update in the next few days.

Nice! I just checked mine and got the update - yippee!

And looks nice in the WiiM app itself when playing:

3 Likes

I was doing a lot of listening last night, and the integration is seamless.

Even if itā€™s just in my head, I believe there was a better sound signature compared to Chromecast. I just enjoyed it more.

Thank you @danny, Team Roon and Linkplay Tech/WiiM. A great budget, one box solution for those who want a Roon Ready certified endpoint. :pray::+1:

4 Likes

Sales rep here (on a completely different business). Your message is the best ad any company could wish forā€¦

2 Likes

I just say/write it as I feel/hear it.

Music listening is very important to me. When something works well and sounds good then Iā€™ll sing its praises.

Roon 99% of the time cause me no issues. Minor issues have been resolved quickly with either community or Roon Tech help.

Happy listening WiiM Pro owners.

3 Likes

Iā€™m new to Roon, but I have the same feeling. Even apparently insignificant things, like been able to clear the play cue without stopping currently playing track; asked that to Tidal as soon as I became a customer, never got any feedback, and years have gone byā€¦

2 Likes

Posted here - Headphones thread (show us yer cans)! - #1041 by AMT

Iā€™m running the WiiM Pro on a battery pack along with my DAC on another.

Just as an experiment, to see how long they last and because I can. :wink:

A/B comparison between mains power and battery packs is tricky as it takes time for them to come on after swapping supplies.

Although the battery packs have voltage regulators that are probably noisy, Iā€™d say thereā€™s again a marginal SQ improvement. Subjective and not precise.

And the Roon Ready is still working a charm.

Iā€™d be very interested in others thoughts of the WiiM Pro on more ā€œhigher endā€ equipment.