Roon Ready Certification for WiiM

Thanks for the answer . Maybe i will consider bying the Wiim pro or pro plus , as an upgrade to my old setup…

I bought a WIIM Pro for my son, he doesn’t have Roon and has an amp with Toslink and it works really well. I tested it with Roon as well and I was very happy with it and it was great value.

If you only have an analogue system and need the improved DAC I would look at the Pro plus

Thanks !
I could not find the Pro Plus at Amazon.
They said that the item is missing .
Is it because it is a new product ? Deos anybody knows if it is available already ?

It’s listed at Amazon UK but not available for order, but the same happened with the Pro until it was finally available.

I have great interest on WiiM Pro + , even if it is not Roon Certified (of course it’s a bonus if Roon Cerfified), its apps looks good and cool to manage my local music and streaming apps, less metadata great like Roon. This will be secondary unit to test apart my primary streamer CXN v2. Anywhere besides Amazon can pre-order this WiiM Pro + ?

You might need to wait a month or two, but it does depend where in the world you are.
US seems to be first, then it was available in Europe and then it came to the UK

I have seen some reviewers from Youtube having this WiiM Pro +, are they the kickstarters or sent from manufacturers for betatest? Is the Plus Made in USA?

The reviewers are given them by Wiim to generate interest.
I felt the same about the Pro and tried to buy one for my son and I waited about 3 months to get one. There were people from Europe selling them in Amazon UK earlier but that was at a premium.

It was a great value streamer and the Pro plus looks like a good step up again. Just keep an eye on Amazon for best price and delivery

I just did a quick search and found it available elsewhere, but that suggests that they will be available in the UK in about a month, but that could be a placeholder.

Not sure where WIIM are from but assume they’re manufactured in China

1 Like

No its made in China its a Chinese company it just has a US Office.

1 Like

And although not mentioned

2 Likes

Wiim Pro Plus popped up as in-stock on Amazon UK yesterday so I hit the buy button and it showed up at my door this morning. Was sort of hoping that, like my existing Pro unit, this would actually show up as Roon Ready, since it is virtually the same machine, except for the DAC, but no such luck. I guess we’ll have to wait for a while until the formal approval comes.

I note from Wiim’s roadmap that they intend to also add the capability to function as a Squeezelite client, which could be useful if your internet was out and Roon was not usable (for those of us who still have local libraries of course). Now if they could just add in acting as a HQPlayer NAA…

2 Likes

I thought the Pro Plus had a new streaming chip which probably requires work to make it Roon Ready
Hopefully not too long

I think WiiMs next product should be a CD transport with Roon Ready streamer. There’s enough space in the WiiM Pro case for it.

2 Likes

I really am hoping that Roon certifies Wiim Pro Plus soon. Wiim Pro Plus works with Chromecast already (and the sound is very nice on my system), but I am looking forward to a RAAT implementation. RAAT would allow for streaming higher than 96kHz/24bit streams.

2 Likes

I find nothing condescending at all about that advice. People who bought Anthem receivers two years ago with Roon Ready “coming soon” are still waiting. Trust is earned. This industry does not deserve trust.

6 Likes

That wouldn’t go down well with this lot, planned June 2018.

Finally arrived Roon ready March 2022.

2 Likes

Also hoping for certification for the Pro Plus sooner than later……

3 Likes

Yeah me too, the Pro Plus sounds “smoother” than my normal Pro, but the Airplay protocol does some sample rate conversions on some of my files sadly

Use Chromecast or the Squeezlite options then not airplay.

2 Likes