Roon Remote iOS/Android Freeze with "Waiting for RoonServer" After Inactivity [Investigating]

Same issue here for several months. I figured it would get solved eventually. Have had so many issues I just got tired of trying to get anyone to address. Have to go to setup-clear cache-restart constantly after leaving app and coming back. This is getting ridiculous. After investing in Nucleus and paying subscription it’s pretty much useless. May have to switch to Tidal or Qobuz connect.

Even in the latest update for Roon remote yesterday: no solution! Come on Roon, this is the front of your application not working properly. Every time I open my remote I have to close it and start it up again to use.

I did a new test today.

Last week i tested to install roon core on another computer and did make a new account.
Roon has been running without this problems, so perfect as it should be.

Today i did a reinstall of roon on my regular PC that i run roon core on. No i used the same new account that has worked perfect on the other PC. Now all problems is there again.

So it isnt an account problem i suppose

1 Like

Thank you for telling me about your experience. But I didn’t understand what filters you’re referring to and how to delete them.

It’s about filters like this, in album Iists or track list, but also in album details views, where you can filter on titles, artists etc. Sometimes, there is still text there from a selection a user made earlier during a session.

Add images

Honestly can’t remember now, but I often use Mac, iPad and iPhone so very likely it was on several.

1 Like

Arlen responded with what I would have said. After clearing out all text from all filters I could find (on all remotes), it still seems more stable. But it is no magic fix, as I still have the occasional stalling remote where I need to quit the app and reload (I can usually navigate and playing song keeps playing, but no artwork is loading, no movement in progress bar).

1 Like

Today i restored my main Roon account on the regular PC thats runs win11.
There everything runs fine. So it seems that my win 10 pc that have always run Roon and after some update is the problem. Strange… some feedback from Roon people please

How can a specific PC just have this problem?? Is it win 10 related?
Cant be a network problem, because they is on the same LA with same settings.

Just want to re-iterate, that Android devices are not properly working as well.
Maybe instead of doing surveys and nice marketing letters, it would be time to fix some of the issues.
The thing is: would you buy a car with a really nice engine, if you have to restart it again and again just to see how fast you are driving? And would you be satisfied with the answer of the mechanic, that basically the car is ok and that if you wanted to know how fast you go you could check on your navigation tool …
Sorry, I am getting a bit frustrated … Thanks for speeding up on this and for some active comunication from the development.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: App Becomes Unresponsive After System Starts Skipping (ref#S5R6Y8)

Still having the same issue with iOS devices freezing after a short period, like 45 minutes of inactivity. All my iOS devices have the most recent updates in operating system and apps. My Roon Rock is also on the most recent release. This has been happening since January and it is very annoying…

2 Likes

… and unfortunately there is nothing to add.

The latest remote update does not solve iPhone and iPad Freeze. And still there are various iPhone/iPad connection issues.This has been happening since November 2023.

1 Like

This just happened with my Android. You are not alone.

1 Like

Same here. Nothing seems to fix it.

2 Likes

It seems something has changed. Both of my Android remote devices are running fine since yesterday.
I am using
. A Samsung S21 running v14 / no change done
. An Oppo Tablet running v13 / updated yesterday

I am crossing my fingers, that this is not just a momentary coincidence :wink:

2 Likes

Still running without issue?

Yes, still running without issues. I have no clue why, but nevertheless am happy.
Let me know if you need more information on my environment.

1 Like

I can only burn incense and chant to a nameless god to be so lucky. I have multiple clients, they all freeze. This keeps me from recommending Roon to friend or foe.

1 Like

I am crossing my fingers for you.
Here still everything is running fine (even after the update of Roon Core and Remote).