Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA844
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Samsung Galaxy S21+

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I am having an issue connection to the Roon Core via remote (cell phone). I get a message that says Looking for Roon Core…I have tried turning the firewall of and back on. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I am having the same issue with the iOS app on iPhone 13. This is after updating the Roon core. Roon remote attempts to connect and says the app needs to be updated. There is no way to update the app.

1 Like

Don’t have an iphone to check but there was an update for the IPAD to version 880. Did you check the App Store?

@Paul_Hanson did you update the core and not the remote?

You need to Update your App remote too.

There is an IOS update on the App Store.

Interesting. I am not seeing the 880 version for iphone yet.

1 Like

Same issue here. No apps available. I’m hosed.

Restarted ROCK. Rebooted the NUC. Same result.

3 posts were split to a new topic: QNAP - Stuck on “Initializing”

Paging. @Support. #support

Having the same experience with Samsung Galaxy

I had to check a couple of times for the update to appear in the Play store. At first there didn’t appear to be any. It must have had to refresh it’s package sources. Just finished updating a Chromebook, Android phone, and Linux endpoint after the Core updated.

1 Like

The Roon client for iOS just appeared. Downloaded and everything is now working. :smiley:

1 Like

@Paul_Hanson @src01 @Ian_Steele1 Still having trouble with the update, or are you all set now?

The updated version of the Roon app for iphone eventually appeared and I manually updated it. Now it works.

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t connect to Windows Core from Samsung Galaxy

@Paul_Hanson, I wonder, have you tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app directly from the Store?

Hey @Paul_Hanson,

Thanks so much for taking a moment to install the app. The only app that can be used as a remote to control your Roon Core is Roon Remote.

(The Roon Essentials app is for an entirely different product, Roon Essentials, that can only be used with an ELAC Discovery server).