8k artists
23k albums
306k tracks
Tidal
Qobuz
Nuc8i7 with latest software build 1353
Ipad pro with latest Software build 1353 on iOS 16.7.2

12 Likes

I experienced the same issue: since the last update, the search has become slow and problematic: the music stops, the message “Waiting for Roon Server” appears. The audio zone also disappears. After about fifteen seconds the search result finally appears and the music can resume.

9 Likes

Exactly the same behavior on my system

Thank you for the additional description and confirmation

@Tech_Admin please can you inform the developer team - thank you

I have similar problems with a nucleus as core. Search AND queue are slow or not working at all, music interruption and a freeze on roon remote no matter which endpoint I use. Rebooting the core is the only solution, but the problems comes back after a couple of hours. No problems at all before the latest update

4 Likes

Exctacly as the mine issue.

1 Like

I confirm having the same problem.I also feel the delay increases with the size of the library. In my library, search has become virtually unusable (32700 albums / 637,000 tracks) and the ‘waiting for roon server’ appears/disappears/reappears while nothing else happens for what seems an eternity.

4 Likes

Same problem this morning

2 Likes

I also confirm exactly what was above - "since the last update, the search has become slow and problematic, the music stops and the message “Waiting for Roon server” appears. The audio zone also disappears. After about 15 seconds, the search results finally appear and the music can resume.”

1 Like

Roon started having issues yesterday in general and with search. Re boot which normally fixes issues if they are a software glitch did not resolve it. Is Roon having server issues? This has happened before when Roon has had server issues. I once thought it was my data base only to find some of Roons servers were down. Not necessarily a build issue that said can someone from Roon please advise.

Thank you

1 Like

How do you check the roon servers?
Did not know that i need additional servers from roon

I thought i need:
Core
Roon endpoint
Nas or similar with music
Connection to qobuz, tidal

I have 80/15 real Mbit with 9ms ping time internet connection - not fast but also not slow

I also noticed that ARC test on my system was saying NOT READY
It worked several days ago fine - do not check it every day.

1 Like

I can also confirm that search field is slow. It caused the message “waiting for Roon server” and sometimes crashed the app (remote) I also am experiencing the same problem when scrolling too fast. Using Necilues as my core. 96K tracks in my library. Nucleus is hard wired and my internet speeds are very solid at almost 900 mbps.

2 Likes

I can confirm too with Roon Server on a powerful i7 connected to a Synology NAS… quite impossible to get an artist view (artist selection does not respond). Reading playlist sometimes wait very long before playing next track. And so on ! :sleepy:

2 Likes

Same here, searching for artist often painfull.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to work very well, either. I just tried search for “Motown”, and I have a 3-CD set called “Tamla Motown Gold” in my local library. Doesn’t turn up. I see Roon calls it just “Motown Gold”, but doesn’t tag it as “Motown”. Odd.

EDIT: Once I add the Genre tag “Motown”, it starts showing up. “Motown”, by the way, is buried under “R&B / Early R&B / Motown”. Does search not do titles?

1 Like

Same issue here. Roon search is taking a very long time since the last update. Running core on a Roon Nucleus.

2 Likes

I quit using Roon until this is fixed

Same problem here too, Roon looking for Core Server taking forever after latest update…almost useless!

3 Likes

Artist searches taking 30 secs to 2 mins.

Type ahead suggestion function in the search box not really any use at all any more as I have to type the entire search string before there are any suggestions.

Everything pretty much has slowed down when switching from context to context. For example, switching from “Albums” to “Home” was never snappy but now is taking several minutes. Same switching to “Genres”. But it is across the board compared with the previous version.

4 Likes

Maybe this is a cloud / routing problem.
Unfortunately cannot test as I am away.

Where are you located? USA or Europe etc

Just as a counterpoint: no problem here. Search working per usual.

1 Like