Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 home
Intel Core i7-9700
32 Gb RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi via Google Mesh

Connected Audio Devices

Library Size

Not sure, ROON won’t start so I can’t check. Local library is NOT crazy big. Mostly just use TIDAL.

Description of Issue

ROON has been working fine for many months (only issue is TIDAL slow to respond message which is a different problem). ROON server has always loaded just fine on my Windows computer. Yesterday it started hanging on startup. I don’t get any display other than a white box with a spinning ROON logo. Hangs forever. I’ve tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstallinig, nothing works. I’ve looked at at the logs and the problem seems to be an inability to communicate with the ROON services over the internet. All other devices and applications that use the internet in my home work fine. I have no issue with internet access from the PC that is running the ROON server.

Seems to be a lot of it about… Have you seen this?

A post was split to a new topic: Roon doesn’t start after Windows update

Hi @Thomas_Shope

Can you try this:

• Exit out of Roon/Roon Server
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location - Database\Registry\Core
  • Locate your tidal_account file and delete it
  • Try to start Roon again

I’ve been having this problem too, but my database and core are on a NUC (Roon Rock) so how to I go about accessing this Tidal account file? I have no problems accessing the NUC using any one of a number of apple devices, just this one Windows 10 machine. A Windows 7 machine has no problems.

I was able to find the core on the network. I renamed the tidal account files (.old) and the associated file too. I restarted the core. This did not let my windows10 machine launch Roon, the problem persists. I opened Roon on my windows 7 machine, then logged into tidal. I saw on the core new tidal account files were created.

My apple devices connect fine. The problem is limited to this Windows10 machine that is current on all updates.

I would suggest starting a new Support thread listing your equipment and details about the issue. Support might miss your comment in a 3 month old thread started by someone else.

Thanks for this.