Roon Server Not Displaying on Windows 11 Desktops (ref#RPRFHY)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· My Roon software won't start up

Describe the issue

Start of free trial. W11 Corei5 4GB free memory. Run Roon server as admin - given permission to make changes. Nothing displayed! Task manager shows Roon server & appliance processes running, but no app listed. No Roon on any of my 3 W11 desktops.

Describe your network setup

Problem is local to my W11 PC, currently connected to Wifi @ approx. 14Mb

Did you launch the Roon app as well? Roon Server and the Roon (control GUI) app are two different processes. You should have a Roon and a Roon Server icon on the desktop

Thanks a lot. I knew there must be something obvious I had missed! Now I need to add my music which is in my OneDrive but this is not offered when I do Add folder (although Google Drive is on offer).

I’m not sure but based on this thread it looks like OneDrive as music storage may normally be possible? I don’t know why not for you…

However, then I don’t understand this feature suggestion which seems to imply the opposite (but maybe I am reading it all wrong)

You should be able to add the local folder on your PC that is in your local OneDrive hierarchy (i.e. you are not adding a Network Folder).

1 Like

Thanks. I found how to do this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.