Roon Server 'Not Responding' Error

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, AMD FX-8320 8-core, 24GB Ram

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Gigabit switch routing throughout. Core to switch to Roon Application (computers connected to same switch as Core, one computer connected from Core Switch to Unifi Dream Machine to computer endpoint)

Connected Audio Devices

Not related to audio device, Roon Server Core will not run.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Server application will not run. I keep getting a Not Responding message. Tried to reinstall, rename directory and install fresh. Finally got it to work by uninstalling the latest Windows Preview Update.

Once running the Database was not right, so I went back a few days to restore the database. The Roon Server application stopped working again. Uninstalled and removed configurations and database from uninstaller. Restarted the computer and did a fresh Roon Server install. The application starts, says Not responding, then Error, restarts and then stays on Not Responding.

I can provide Log(s) if required. Looking at them myself I don’t see anything unusual except for at the end there are a few debug statements relating to ‘broker-cert.pfx’.

Refer to Roon server show "Not Responding" - #17 by Stephen_Lee1

Avast Ransomware Shield was preventing the broker-cert.pfx file from initializing.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.